cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Has BT mixed up my order. What should I do?

Can anyone suggest what's happening

I placed an order for Home Essentials 2 on the 9th December and it's showing completed on the 15th December. Noting wrong there.

However, when I checked my packages it also said I placed an order on 16th December and I received a text this morning stating your broadband is now ready for you.  I've checked my speed and it's coming in at 147.12 download and 30.76 up - certainly not Home Essentials! Both order references were different.

The only thing I can think of was that when Home Essentials was been installed they told me I was loosing my old number but in my mid 70's that wasn't an option for me, I needed to keep that number for family and other personal reason so when I contacted the helpline the adviser suggested putting me on, I think Full Fibre 100, until that could be sorted out saying, that should take about a week or so then it would drop back to Home Essentials 200 and I'd be credited with the difference. I was quite happy to go along with that.

However having received that text this morning I'm concerned they have upped my package or have they just made a mistake and I'm getting that speed - would be nice 🤓

I will be contacting them n the morning but just want to get an idea of what is happening 

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Has BT mixed up my order. What should I do?

if after contacting CS you are not happy then post back and we can see if forum mods can help you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Hi @kah22,

I am sorry for any confusion that we have caused you.

After you speak with us tomorrow, can you post up here and let us know how you got on, please?

Should you need any help with your account or recent orders, I can look into it for you.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

You asked me post after been in contact with the Help Centre.  Well, while any rep I was speaking to was as polite and as helpful as you'd expect, I'm no further on!

OK let's have a look at what's happened since my original post. I was speaking to an operative yesterday and his advice was we can't do anything until your old number is restored, that would be the 22nd. His advice was ring on the 23 for nothing could happen until the line was restored. Im assuming that would be because they would cancel what they are charging me for now, Fibre 1 / 2 our whatever and change it back to the original HE2

Even you Scottish operative though it strange that a 74 year old would be on Home Essentials 2 this week and the following week  on one of your advanced packages.

Look we are coming up to holiday time and I know your Centres we'll be over the period but I have other things to do!  I need someone I can talk to who is able to press a button or whatever, switch me back to HE2 and ensure I'm not out of pocket for an error that was none of my making.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@DanielS 

need your help as @kah22 getting nowhere with CS

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Hi @kah22

Thank you for posting back.

I am sorry for the problems you're having with your order.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi @kah22, did you get this resolved? If not and you still need our help please reply to Robbie's PM with the requested information.

Cheers

John 

0 Ratings