cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Help With Complicated One & Not Getting Anywhere on Phone

Hi,

I am helping a customer out with a complicated migration from BT to EE, there have been some errors made along the way and I'm not really getting the help I need.

I have used the forums once before a few years ago and the mods were excellent, could someone message me and ill go through the issue please?

Many Thanks

Mike

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Help With Complicated One & Not Getting Anywhere on Phone

@mikensam 

have you also try EE forum  https://community.ee.co.uk/

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Thanks but it's more BT related which is why I posted here.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Hi @mikensam what problems are you experiencing? The moderation team can't place migration orders to New EE but we can help with exisiting BT services. 

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @NeilO thanks for the offer to help.

So to go into a bit more detail, the customer contacted CS to report their BT hub dropping out and going orange.

CS done their thing and said its likely due to an old BT hub (I think they were on a 4). They were sold EE fibre broadband and TV and told to wait for the new gear to arrive.

2x sets of hardware turned up and I was called to help set it all up, the new TV Pro and EE router was installed and immediately we could see it was still desyncing. 

This is where the fun begun, upon speaking with a few different departments we've come to the understanding that CS tried to migrate them to EE which failed but triggered a set of hardware, they then tried it again which also failed hence the 2nd set of boxes.

The connections team don't know why its failing so their plan is to cancel off the two failed migrations on the EE side which has been done as far as I know and put them back on their existing BT ADSL2 package. A new BT router has been sent out and I have recently installed that which is working fine. The customer has sent back the EE router and the additional set of hardware but not the TV box as they'd have had no TV.

Connections were then going to upgrade the non fibre line to fibre on BT, wait for it all to go through and then hope that when the migration to EE is tried again, it will go through.

All good in theory, the customer has now gone on holiday for 2 months but I have been added as an account manager so I can get in and see the account. There is currently an outstanding return for the TV Pro box which needs to be received and checked off before the upgrade to fibre can be made but I couldnt do that at the time as it would have left them with no TV as they'd already sent the BT TV box back.

So in summary, I need someone to be able to remove the awaiting hardware return on the account as that stops them from being able to process an upgrade and then once its clear enter an order upgrade from BT non fibre to BT fibre without trying to migrate them to EE.

You can image the frustration trying to get that across to 1st line on the phone!

Hope you can help or at least point me in the right direction 🙂

Cheers,
Mike

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

@mikensam That sounds like a right mess, I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the account details and we'll see what we can do to help.

Neil