cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Help! Xbox subscription!?!?!?

Go to solution

About an hour ago I found an email from bt.com saying I've signed up for an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Subscription and will be charged £10 a month.

Problem is, I haven't signed up for any such thing. I've never played on an Xbox in my life! Live alone, no kids, and nobody else has access to any of my account details!

(I see I’m not the only one this has happened to, and I’ve plagiarised another users post as I’ve had the same issue!)

What can I do!?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Help! Xbox subscription!?!?!?

Go to solution

Hi @damo76nffc,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry if the Xbox Game Pass has been activated without your knowledge. Please can you make sure your My BT is secure and that you've set up Two-Step-Authentication? If you send me your details, I'll be able to make sure that's cancelled and that no charges are applied to your account.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you so much! I’ve replied to your PM, and I’ve changed my password and activated the 2 step authentication 🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @damo76nffc 

Thanks for sending over the details. I'm glad I was able to get this sorted for you.

All the best

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi there Paddy, I have also had the same problem. I've now set up two-factor authentication so hopefully that will prevent any further unauthorised access to my account, but I need to get rid of the Xbox pass that I didn't set up but am currently paying for. Can you help please?

Thanks,

Alex

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@Dorlex I'm sorry about that. Yes, we can help, you can opt out of the auto-renewal in MyBT but we'll need to sort out a refund for you anyway. I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Great, thank you - I've sent over the details requested.

0 Ratings