cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Home Essentials query

Go to solution

Hi,
I am in receipt of Guaranteed Pension Credit and am thinking of switching to the Home Essentials Fibre 2 package but I'm finding conflicting information online as to what's included. I know I can phone BT but I'd like to have written information that I can refer back to before I phone to order. Could somebody answer the following questions please? I think I qualify as a vulnerable customer, I am 71 with various health conditions and I live alone so rely on a phone.

1:What is the cost of the Fibre 2 package?
2:Are phone line and unlimited calls included? If not, what would be the cost including phone line and unlimited calls?
3:Could I keep my existing phone number? And will I have to switch to digital voice?
4:What speed could I expect to get? I've seen a lot of people online saying they oredered Fibre 2 but were capped at Fibre 1 speeds and had a lot of hassle getting it sorted.
5:How long would it take to switch from Talktalk? I will be out of contract on August 7th.

Thanks!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Home Essentials query

Go to solution

check if you qualify   https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials?s_cid=con_bt_dg-home_awin_aff_vidAJM_110483-Editori...

this is packages available   https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Bad-customer-service/m-p/2330514?lightbox-message-images-...

you should be able to retain number but no guarantee and you would be on digital voice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Speed won't change, it will be whatever you get now from Talk Talk.

Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Many thanks for your replies, I've decided to stay with TalkTalk as they've agreed to match the price and it avoids the hassle of returning router and having to switch to digital, at least for now.

0 Ratings