cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 124

How can I revert control of my Xbox account back to Microsoft?

There's a long standing thread in the community forums archive on Xbox Gamepass issues:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Archive-Staging/Xbox-Game-Pass-Ultimate-on-BT-Broadband/td-p/2156562

When you take up the free 6/12 month xbox game pass offer from BT, BT take control of managing that aspect of your account. Unfortunately, it doesn't automatically revert to Microsoft when your free period expires. It'd be useful if someone could clearly state the process for getting that account reverted, as there were suggestions about redeeming codes on the Microsoft site to trigger it etc, but I'd like an official position. Ideally it should be documented somewhere on BT's help pages and customers should be informed upon signing up to the deal.

0 Ratings
123 REPLIES 123
Message 2 of 124

Re: How can I revert control of my Xbox account back to Microsoft?

Hi, @wideawakewesley thanks for posting, as long as you've opted out of the Game Pass Auto-renewal in MyBT the management of the pass automatically reverts back to Microsoft. We've picked up a few cases where this hasn't happened but these are isolated cases and need to be manually fixed. Are you experiencing this issue?

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 124

I am yes @NeilO 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 124

@wideawakewesley We'll need to raise a case to get that fixed for you, I'll send you a private message in a moment so you can get in touch with the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 124

Hu @NeilO 

Is it possible for my account to be reverted back aswell?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 124

Hi @RemovableSanity. I've sent you a Private Message, so you can get in touch with us, after your last post on Re: Gamepass Ultimate Problem - BT Community

Cheers
John

Message 7 of 124

Can I get more information on this removal? I gifted the game pass to a friend at the time and now it’s expired but it still showing on his Xbox that his memberships are controlled by my BT account? Need it removed please?

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 124

Hi @UiBs85,

Thank you for posting. If you send me your details, I'll get this investigated.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 124

Hi @UiBs85, thanks for your PM over the weekend and glad to know it's all resolved now.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 124

I'm having the same problem, my company provides me a yearly pass, that I cannot longer redeem. Can I contact one of you to help me with this problem please? @JohnC2 or @PaddyB ? Thanks in advance.

0 Ratings