cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

How do I remove an old account from MyBT?

Go to solution

Hi, recently switched back to BT and an old account from previous address is still showing on MyBT and we don’t know which one is which because we’ve never been told what number relates to which account. 

Can’t seem to get through to CS. Any way we can get rid of the old account stuff our selves?

Thanks in advance. Ben

*quick edit. Just went to check our order and on my account it now says there is no order to track? We have TV, sport and fibre ordered but the order has seemingly disappeared altogether, what’s happened?*

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: How do I remove an old account from MyBT?

Go to solution

Hey @BenMitchell,

At the moment, you can't remove your accounts from your MyBT. That's something that only advisers can do at present. We could introduce this feature down the line but it's not something that we currently offer.

When you are in your MyBT, checking the order, can you double check that it hasn't defaulted to the old account number instead of your new one?

Let me know if you would like my help checking this all out for you.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks for the reply. 

I managed to get through to someone on live chat earlier who said they would remove the old accounts which they have, and told me what the new account number was and that that would now be on the account. However, the account now only has ‘account 1’ as an option. No actual account number. So now we don’t have an actual account at all and obviously no way of tracing anything.  Not sure what’s going on?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

Thanks @BenMitchell.

It might be worth going back through to them as it doesn't sound like your new account was added on correctly. I can help you but it will take 1-2 working days before I can personally pick this up for you. I'll send you a private message so you can message me just in case you still need any help.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

I have sent you a PM as requested. 

Thanks again

Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @BenMitchell,

Thanks for taking the time to reply to my private message.

I called you today but missed you. I'll try you again later this afternoon.

I'll need to speak with you before I can start going through your accounts.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Hiya DanielS,

Was that you on the mobile number? Sorry I missed it. I’m off to work soon but if you could call tomorrow between 9:15 and 12 that would be ideal? Or I could take the call now but I’m only free until 13:25  

Thanks in advance 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

Hi @BenMitchell,

That was me yeah. I am just back into the office there now so missed your reply.

I'll give you a call tomorrow morning between those hours. If you can't answer, don't worry, as I'll try again.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Ok thanks for that. 

My partner going to try and call in shortly anyway because as it stands the order has completely disappeared and it’s meant to all be going live on the 9th so need it sorted. No idea what’s gone on. 

As it stands we can only see the proper account number on the app. Online shows nothing. And either way they both show no order to track and no products. Worrying. 

Thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution

You are very welcome @BenMitchell.

I'll be able to explain everything that's happening when I speak with you tomorrow.

Or, if you private message me your partners contact number, I can call them in the morning when I'm back in the office either.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings