cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

How to cancel a Bt telephone and broadband contract when someone moves into a care home

Go to solution

Hi

my mum who is 88 is now unable to live on her own at home as she has become very confused and we have had to move her into a care home. I have lasting power of attorney over finances and wanted to know how I go about cancelling broadband & telephone. she had nearly a year and a half left on the contract and was hoping under the circumstances any fees for cancelling the contract early could be waived. She has been with by for over 50 years and I would be grateful of any help

10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: How to cancel a Bt telephone and broadband contract when someone moves into a care home

Go to solution

@r56mini 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

I have asked a moderator to help, they will post here.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Re: How to cancel a Bt telephone and broadband contract when someone moves into a care home

Go to solution

Hi @r56mini,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. If you send me in your details, I'd be more than happy to take a look at this for you and we can discuss the best way forward regarding your Mom's account.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution
That’s
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Hi paddy

ive Sent over the info you requested via private message last Thursday, can you confirm u have received it and passed it on

thanks neil

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @r56mini sorry about the delay, one of my colleagues will be in touch with you today.

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @r56mini,

Thank you for taking the time to speak with me today.

I'm happy that I was able to fully help you and your Mum with this.

Take care for now and feel free to get in touch any time.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi, can I just check will any credit on the account be automatically refunded once the broadband and phone line have been cancelled 

thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Yes

0 Ratings