cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: How to get Openreach to install FTTP into a new build apartment

This is really down to the  developer , if they liaised with Openreach they would have a contact within OR  called a FBC , field based representative, ( previously called a new sites representative )   , the Openreach FBC arranges the ‘stores/ materials’ like fibre  cabling , CSP’s etc to be delivered to the developer, and arranges that the external network is brought into the site and connected , so that as flats/apartments are handed over to occupants, everything is already present, and all the occupant does is order from their chosen ISP.

Your  situation suggests that the developer has never contacted Openreach, not all developers chose to use OR , perhaps your developer was intending to use someone other than OR , at a minimum, ask the developer who the OR FBC is , and get them to ask for a site meeting , if the developer doesn’t know what you are talking about , that would suggest they never approached OR in the first place .

What type of development is this ? , if for arguments sake it’s a small apartment complex, either a subdivided large property, or built on the plot of a previous building that was demolished,  will it be known as the same postal address ( just with a prefix , like Flat 1 , 99 , Anystreet , Anytown ) then that could explain the wrong survey note about SDU , overhead , line of sight issues .

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

Does the cable end in your cupboard have a green plug?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

It is a small apartment complex (9 flats). Part of it is from a previous large property and part of it is built from an empty space from the plot.

It was under a different postcode before but when the building finished recently, the address and postcode got updated and the new address is registered with Royal Mail
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

@tonysmini018 

There is one white cable and 4 or 5 black cables which one of them have a green plug at the end.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 16

How to get BT to update the address so I can place an order?

Apologies if this is counts as a duplicate but I initially raised a question here about getting fibre connected into my apartment: https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/How-to-get-Openreach-to-install-FTTP-into-a-new-build-apa...

I moved into a new apartment which was an old building converted into multiple smaller flats. The old building was under a different address and the individual flat are registered with RM under the new address and has a different postcode. We are still trying to get the developers/OpenReach to connect fibre into the apartment. 

So I've been trying to get BT to update the database so I can at least place an order since April. First they tried to update my address to a "Gold" address but apparently that failed, after speaking to another advisor today they put a different request through which is a "Fibre Availability" form. Some residence in the flat have been trying since december/Januaury and they're not getting anywhere either. Anyone here able to advise what the best way to get the addressed updated so I can place an order whilst we're speaking with our developers & OpenReach to connect the cables?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

@Keith_Beddoe @imjolly @iniltous 

Apologies for the tag, had a slight update from the developers and their response was they:

"located the ducting which runs directly to their pole.   We are making arrangements to uncover this as it appears to be as covered by tarmac,

Once exposed it should be pretty straight forward for the connection."

They also said they're contacting OpenReach thouugh not sure if they're planning to try the connection themselves or waiting for an OpenReach engineers to carry out the work. Regardless, should developers tamper with the cables themselves incase that's their intention?
0 Ratings