cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Hybrid Connect Charges

Go to solution

I opted for the 4G Hybrid Connect alongside the Hub 2, but found it didn't very well at all so I returned it. However, BT appears to be charging me £0.47 for the privilege of not having it. It's not a fortune but it's the principle. I was told at the time of ordering the BT Fibre 2 package that I could return the Hybrid Connect should I decide it was of no use. When I requested to return it within 2 weeks of the Hub 2 being installed there was no mention of an ongoing charge. So in both cases I wasn't told I'd still be charged for it but I am! Is it just me? Does this hidden charge happen to everyone who returns a Hybrid Connect?

Thanks for any replies/explanations/clarification

Louise

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Hybrid Connect Charges

Go to solution

I doubt it's a charge for having the hybrid as it actually costs £7 pm, It's more than likely  apart charge for when you had it or something like that

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, I know it's not a charge for having it - it appears to be a charge for cancelling it, which seems wholly unfair!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

HI @Louise515, I agree with @garybs29 that it would be a part period charge for the days you have it. If it was a cancellation charge I would expect it to be significantly higher.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi John

Thangs for your reply.

Hmm I'm not sure I understand that. I ordered the kit over the phone via the BT salesman on 26/9. The kit was delivered on the 29th. But nothing was installed until the engineer visit on the 9th Oct. On advice from the engineer I cancelled it straightaway and returned it as soon as I received the bag to pack it in. Other than initially testing it, I never used it in anger. On this month's bill it says 'there is a a £0.47 charge for cancelling within the notice period'. I don't understand why there should be any charge. I had to pay for a month's use via the initial bill a month ago (10/10). But I did not get that refunded despite the cancellation. It all seems rather opaque to me. I never really wanted the hybrid in the first place as it has no real use. Should I expect to have to pay this £0.47 every month for the next 2 years??

Thanks

Louise

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Louise515, you should not expect to see any further charges for this on your future bills. Check your next bill estimate on your MyBT and is should confirm your expected cost next month and this should match your monthly rental cost.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Well that would be good but... My current bill (today) is £30.46 but the estimate for the the December one is £36.99 and my 'regular charge' is £29.99. It's very confusing - numbers with no explanation!

0 Ratings