cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Issue with My BT Online (new subscriber)

Hi there,

first post here as went live yesterday with BT fibre essentials after years with ee.

Managed to set up my account on mybt and can view profile and account info in my details but when i go to my products i get:

Sorry, we can’t get your account details at the moment

We couldn’t find any account details for that BT ID. Please try again

i then tried the activate my bt ID yesterday  and it said it will send me a follow up email but so far nothing .

Is it just a case of waiting as I suspect , or possible I had missed something in advance ?

Many thanks in advance 

ps. sorry if in wrong section 

My set up - BT Home Essential Fibre 35, Smart Hub2, Digital Voice Home with Alexa Advanced Home Phone
0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Issue with My BT Online (new subscriber)

Hi @Dan5907 

If you were previously with BT, check that you are selecting the correct (new) account top right from the drop down list.

Message 3 of 12

thanks for reply. yes i did check the correct account was there on my details (i do have 3 others in drop down menu which i was told were old bt month sport pass).
thing is , when i then click my products and get the aforementioned messages , the top right is blank with no account number or drop down menu.
My set up - BT Home Essential Fibre 35, Smart Hub2, Digital Voice Home with Alexa Advanced Home Phone
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Hi @Dan5907

Welcome and thanks for posting!

I am sorry for the problems viewing your account info when you log into your BTID.  It can take a day or two (48 hours roughly) for your account info to become visible after you add the account.

Keep an eye on it and if there is still no change after this post back as we can give you a hand from here.

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 5 of 12

Thank you @RobbieMac 

Will give it till Monday and hope everything sorts itself out 🙂

Ps. This forum structure and layout seems remarkably similar to the Sky community where I am a Superuser, which is handy 😉

Message 6 of 12

Hey @Dan5907

How is everything now?  Is your BT ID showing all your billing info?  Let me know please as we can give you a hand from here if needs be. 😊

Thanks,

Robbie

Message 7 of 12

Thanks for following up @RobbieMac 

I did get it sorted in the end, even though I had a long tele conversation with tech support that couldn't resolve it, I then through trial and error got it working by using Firefox instead of chrome, though it now works on chrome. So I don't know exactly what I did, but it worked.

Another issue arose today when I received a final bill from EE with £140 early termination fees when it was explicitly explained to me that moving from ee to BT Home essentials did not incur fees, also indicated in the attached screen shot.bt essentials home page2.jpg

Not sure if you have any thoughts on this but I have an open complaint with the bt switch team so will see what happens.

Thanks,

Dan

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

@Dan5907 I'm glad you got the MyBT issue sorted. 

You are correct there shouldn't be any cancellation charges when moving to Home Essentials from EE, the switcher team should be able to get that sorted for you.

Thanks

Neil 

Message 9 of 12

Thanks for the reassurance @NeilO  🙂

I shall wait for them to get back to me

Thanks

Dan

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

HI @NeilO ,

I have a strange situation now whereby when i emailed the switching team about the £137 early termination fees from EE they said:

"I’ve checked your order and can see it was activated only recently. As you’re still within your cooling off period, I will process the claim for your credit of £137.68 outside of your cooling off, shortly after 24/02/2023. It can take up to 28 days for the credit to show on your BT bill, after we process your claim.

Please note that you receive a credit to your BT bill, we do not make any payment directly to your previous supplier on your behalf. You must pay any invoices you have outstanding with the other company."

As I Would still need to pay ee the £137 (which I can't really afford) I decided to contact EE directly  who totally agreed there should have been no early termination fees and have now credited this to me the full amount.

I advised the BT switching team that as there are now no fees, therefore there is no need to process a credit to my BT bill but there replies were;

"Thanks for your email about the BT Switcher’s offer.

I’ve checked your order and can see claim process has already been initiated hence it will be applied within the next 28 days. We can not stop the claim procedure now."

Then when i went back to them showing the final bill from EE showing the credit of £137 from EE they come back with;

Thanks for getting in touch about the BT Switcher’s offer.

As per our offer details:  When you placed your order to move BT. The offer is that we will credit your BT account with an amount equal to any telephone and broadband termination charge (up to £300) which you may have incurred when transferring to BT. This is the only charge we will credit to your new BT account, and the offer does not include rental charges, TV or any other services.

As part of the terms and conditions of the switching offer all credits will be applied to the customers BT account.

there is no cash alternative, however once the credit is on your account you are able to request a transfer of credit to your bank account by calling Customer Care on 0800 800 150.

It seems to me they are not listening or understanding that i didn't get any early termination in the end therefore they don't need to raise a credit on my account , but they insist on going through with it. 

i don't know what to do next. Maybe just let them go ahead with the credit to my account , meaning I don't pay any broadband fees for the next 9 months...??? i don't see any other options .

let me know if you have any thoughts 

Ps all these emails with space of two days 20th-22nd feb

best regards 

Dan

0 Ratings