cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Joining BT

Go to solution

Hi,

im currently with Sky broadband and received an email about price increases which states that I can leaves skypenalty free within 30 days if I’m not happy with price increase. I’ve looked on the BT website and I can l get a good deal on Bt packages. However if I sign up to BT as a new customer, will I be subject to BT  price rises of 14% which come into force on 31st March? 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Joining BT

Go to solution

If you move to BT after 1st March then prices have already been changed and the increase due 31st march 2023 will not apply

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for the response. I have now ordered BT broadband and the digital voice package and have requested that I keep my current landline phone number ( phone number is 30 years old and was originally issued by BT-it was transferred to sky talk when I joined them in 2020). I’ve done a lot of online reading that when it comes to transferring landline numbers on digital voice it’s not a straight forward process. Am I likely to lose my current landline number even though I’ve requested to keep it?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

@Charlie7 

There should not normally be an issue transferring your number, provided its still active.

If a number has been inactive for more than 30 days, then its not possible to transfer it to BT Digital Voice.

0 Ratings