cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Late connection compensation

Go to solution

Following my conversation with one of BT Customer Service Team  on Monday it was agreed that compensation was owed to us from Mid march when BT Halo 3 was due to be activated, at £5.25 per day. see below. We are now being told that compensation is only due if we had NO service at all up to this date. (We were still connected as per old broadband contract)

We were in fact advised this on two previous occasions so not sure why this has changed.

Can anyone advise. 

https://www.bt.com/help/account-and-billing/automatic-compensation

lizmor_3-1660124378791.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Late connection compensation

Go to solution

Hi @lizmor, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting.

Sorry you've been told conflicting information on compensation for your order delay.

Auto compensation can take up to 30 days from your order completion to be applied and will appear on the next bill after that. Has your service upgrade been completed more than 30 days ago and did you receive some/no amount of auto compensation?

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi John

Activation yesterday (should have been 18th March) . Got email from BT today saying that they were applying £15.12 credit for "not switching services when they said they would". 

Liz

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @lizmor, thanks foe getting back to me. That email seems to be very quick for auto compensation. 

It's best we have a look at this for you so I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with us and we'll be happy to help you from there.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi where does Private Message appear?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @lizmor, you'll see an envelope at the top of the screen and it will show a red alert beside it to indicate you've received a message. Just click on the envelope.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings