cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 27

Re: Line Rental Saver (L

From the BT website -

Is my Line Rental Saver payment refundable?

Yes. If you choose to cancel Line Rental Saver at any time, we'll refund any remaining upfront payment

Just a thought, so if you’re not within 27 days of renewal presumably you can cancel then immediately re-apply?

Message 12 of 27

@And1990wrote:

From the BT website -

Is my Line Rental Saver payment refundable?

Yes. If you choose to cancel Line Rental Saver at any time, we'll refund any remaining upfront payment

Just a thought, so if you’re not within 27 days of renewal presumably you can cancel then immediately re-apply?

No, that applies if you leave BT as your service provider, previously the payment was forfeited, now you get any full months back as a refund, there is no option to stop LRS mid-way through and then start again.

Message 13 of 27

Not what it says on the website. More mis-communication from BT presumably.

Message 14 of 27

I have a traditional copper landline used for calls and broadband. So what happens if I decide to leave BT entirely and switch to another ISP for broadband and use a mobile for calls ? Do I still have to pay BT for line rental (to get broadband) or is it included in all other ISP packages by default ? Fibre to the premises is not available where I live.

Message 15 of 27

Of course not, it will be included in the price of the package from the other ISP.

There is no discrete line rental portion, any more there are simply broadband packages which incorporate the line rental component.

You  are also confusing line rental with landline capability.

Message 16 of 27

Re: Line Rental Saver

Totally agree with you this is just BT dressing up a price increase when your line rental runs out.

Message 17 of 27

There is no 'line rental' , hasn't been for a long time. LRS is an anachronism and is long overdue for being scrapped.

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 27

@licquoricewrote:

There is no 'line rental' , hasn't been for a long time. LRS is an anachronism and is long overdue for being scrapped.

TBH I've a feeling this is coming form those complaining at price increase time as they thought they were being "ripped off" when they weren't

Message 19 of 27

Rang 0800 800 150 today to renew Line Rental Saver (yes I know it’s misnamed) and it went through no problem. Mine expires 25th July.

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 27

You may be right on both counts but the facts are that until now BT has offered - wrongly-named or otherwise - ‘Line Rental’ Saver and, as a result of having it, users have saved about £20 a year. I agree that it will be a simpler world without it but whilst I had it, at least, I saved a bit of money.