cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 27

Re: Line Rental Saver (L

Just received my bill, been a BT customer since 2018 with LRS, and my credit was a lot more than £10
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 27

Re: Line Rental Saver (L

would be interesting to know how much. I’ve been a customer for many years.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 27

Re: Line Rental Saver (LRS)

I have today received my first bill after all the adjustments for the ending of LRS have been worked through. The bill correctly shows the figure for my Broadband Package of £38.23. This is equivalent to my previous steady-state bill of£18.24 increased by the £19.99 credit for LRS (same total of £38.23).  Two comments:

1. hitherto I have paid, in a year, 12x18.24 + 11x19.99 = 438.77. Following the abolition of LRS I will be paying 12x38.23 = 458.76, an increase of 4.6% on top of the 14.4% increase in April. Seems like a lot of increase.

2. Whilst I understand fully how LRS worked and what the impact is on my bills, I cannot understand the following. On my bills up to and including September, my Broadband Package was shown exactly as

"Broadband Package: £44.23/month        £23.57
Includes discount of £19.99/month for Line Rental Saver (ending 30 Sep 2023)
Includes discount of £6.00/month for Special offer discount".

Whereas my October bill says that my Broadband Package is

"Broadband Package: £43.23/month       £38.23
Includes discount of £5.00/month for Special offer discount"

Still trying to get my head round this.

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 27

Re: Line Rental Saver (LRS)

@Forumcloud From what I can see the September bill shows a line rental saver discount for part of the month until 30th September presumably when it ends yet the October bill doesn't as it'll have ended as far as I can see

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 27

Re: Line Rental Saver

Tried renewing today before expiry date due June 2024. Told that is not possible as the product is withdrawn, and bills will have £22.04 per month added going forward. Essentially increasing annual bill by £22.04, since line rental saver previously offered annual discount of one month’s line rental. 

In May 2024 received email saying:

In June 2023, we let you know that we're stopping LineRental Saver. Yours is due to finish on xx Jun 2024, after this, you'll be unable to renew and pay your year's linerental in advance. Plus, you'll also no longer see the £22.04 a month Line Rental Saver credit on your bill.

I checked and no record or communication in June 2023 which surprises me as I keep all such correspondence???
Also, wording of email is maybe misleading, suggesting that I would be able to renew if I did so before xx June 2024. 

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 27

LRS has been discontinued and cannot be renewed bearing in mind there is no such thing as line rental now as all included in package price    It does save the large upfront payment

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 27 of 27

I guess the large payment up front was attractive in return for 1/12 discount on that element of the whole annual bill. 
No such thing as a free lunch, even then, but now there’s no such thing as a discount. Only relentless price rises 😟

0 Ratings