cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 53

Re: Locked into HALO and unable to reduce costs - do BT ever try to retain loyal customers?

@gg30340 its crazy, this guy is out of contract and even the EE database (via online order) is recognizing his address when trying to sign up as a new customer to a 'different' company.....AFAIK the customer service reps are mostly just using the same systems so intervention is probably the correct method here, especially as I will want to do something similar once my BT contract is up in 18 months.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 53

Re: Locked into HALO and unable to reduce costs - do BT ever try to retain loyal customers?

I have read the thread hence my contacting the moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 53

@gg30340 - Yes I was newbie, but a very long time ago. Does that mean that all existing customers should be discarded and overcharged?

I am also a loyal customer, who apparently means nothing to BT......which seems to be a very strange business model to run, in a competitive market. Being initially quoted £16 more a month than a new customer AND being forced to move to EE seems a tad strange. Like a kick in the knackers........which is a little bit like your helpful comment to be fair 😉

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 53

I was empathizing, not educating you 🙂

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquiti ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
Message 35 of 53

@Puma937 wrote:

@gg30340 - Yes I was newbie, but a very long time ago. Does that mean that all existing customers should be discarded and overcharged?  No, but neither do all "newbies" leave at the end of their contract as you stated.

I am also a loyal customer, who apparently means nothing to BT......which seems to be a very strange business model to run, in a competitive market. Being initially quoted £16 more a month than a new customer AND being forced to move to EE seems a tad strange. Like a kick in the knackers........which is a little bit like your helpful comment to be fair 😉   It was not intended to be helpful. I just thought it odd that you thought all "newbies" left at the end of their contract when obviously you never. 

I would have thought by now you would be aware that there is no such thing as "customer loyalty". There are only customers. That's why it pays to shop around and select the best deal that suits your needs. 

You may have noticed that I have contacted the moderators for you, which I hope you do find helpful.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 53

@gg30340 - really appreciate your time and help.

The point I was trying to make (poorly) about 'newbies' potentially leaving after the initial 2 year special offer, was that they have no loyalty - they will shop around come month 23 and go, if BT/EE is not competitive.

Retaining an existing long standing customer like me should be easy, but BT seem very happy to wave goodbye by throwing different uncompetitive prices at me, every time I make an enquiry. They come across as incompetent, maybe on purpose.

I've shopped around and the BT product suits my requirements, but as an existing customer I cannot buy the product at the price advertised or remove Halo to reduce cost.

It's like buying a car from a dealership every 2 years for 10 years, then walking in to get another one and the salesman inflates the price in front of your eyes. He then says, great to see you......I know you've been loyal to us. Oh.....hold a minute, I've got a new customer and I want to sell him a car with a 35% discount. It makes no sense to me? 🤔

Incentivise and retain both. 

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 53

@gg30340 - I can only assume after 48 hours that the moderators are unable to help, which is a shame.

Message 38 of 53

The moderators are a small and extremely busy team. I have given them another message regarding this so hopefully they will respond even if only to say they can not help. 

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 53

Hi @Puma937, Sorry you’re not happy with the offers for renewing your contract that you’ve received.
We have previously tried to help you with a new deal and got prices for you from sales and relayed these to you. You didn’t renew back then and T&C's have changed since then and we can’t follow that process any more.
To renew via your MyBT or speak with the value team as they would need to relay the contract terms and conditions to you when placing your order.

Thanks

John

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 53

My contract ends next week so I got a reminder email with BT's best advertised price for my current package. Currently I pay this:-

Full Fibre 900 Halo 3 with Complete Wi-Fi

£70.98

700 Anytime Minutes

£9.25

And their best offer? This:-

The best advertised price for your current broadband package - Full Fibre 900 Halo 3 with Complete Wi-Fi

£98.99 / month. 24 month term. Monthly price will increase on 31 March each year by £3

My solution is to walk away after many years with BT. I will move to another ISP who offer the same OR FTTP package with 1000 min Digital Voice phone package (yes, they call it Digital Voice) for £61/month. For that I get a wifi 6 router, a static IP address and no in-contract price rises. Why would I stay with BT?