cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Loyal 5 year user with incorrect defaults on my credit file

Please can you help me remove some incorrect defaults on my Experian and Equifax credit file from BT

I have only ever had one account from March 2018 to October 2023. But Experian and Equifax are both reporting that i have 2 accounts and i have defaulted on both.

I phoned up BT and spoke to a lovely lady called Jane who said that i only have one account on the system which was paid off on January the 3rd 2024 so should now be displayed as settled which isn't. Jane was not able to give me any information of any other accounts and said there was only one account.

I have written to  the following address to find out how i can get these incorrect details off my credit file as I don't know who else i can speak to.

BT BRITISH TELECOM 1 BRAHAM STREET
LONDON
E1 8EE
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Loyal 5 year user with incorrect defaults on my credit file

You need to raise a dispute with credit company who will take it up with BT

Use search as there are other postsike yours which will help

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Loyal 5 year user with incorrect defaults on my credit file

Hi, @5yearuser I'm sorry there is an issue with your credit file. You need to raise a notice of dispute with the credit reporting company. 

Online at www.equifax.co.uk/ask
Call 0800 014 2955
Address – Equifax Ltd
Customer Service Centre
PO Box 10036
Leicester
LE3 4FS

or

Online at www.experian.co.uk
Call 0344 481 8000
Address - Experian Headquarters Talbot House
Talbot Street
Nottingham
N80 1TH

Once the dispute has been raised they will liaise with BT who will investigate this further.

Thanks

Neil 

0 Ratings