cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Massive Delay in moving services

I moved house early April 2023, I let BT know two weeks prior to my moving date under the "move home" section.

Since I have moved in, I have access to the internet via their mini hub router, they have taken already April's payment in full and I am now expecting May's payment to be taken next week, but I am still without my full services, I am waiting for my full Broadband, Telephone line and access to the BT TV subscription, this is becoming a joke.

I have made a complaint via the website and I have heard nothing further back, I called BT last week and was told I was getting a call on Friday 19th May with an update and that my services should be fully activated the same day, but was still an issue with the openreach side of things.

Needless to say, that call never happened, nor have my phone line been activated.  Now this is becoming a joke, as it was the complaints team that were supposed to be contacting me, so who do I complain to about the complaints team????

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Massive Delay in moving services

what broadband package do you expect FTTP or FTTC?

is home a new build?  if not did previous home owners keep their phone number when moving?  are you keeping your phone number from previous home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 8

Hi, I was told everything would be competed by the 19th April at the latest. Not a new build property and not taking old number as moved out of that code area, previous owners had already cancelled services with her previous supply and I don’t know who she was with.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

sorry but do you know if previous owner took number to new address

what broadband package are you getting FTTP - fibre to your home or FTTC - fibre to street cab and copper to your home?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Hi,

Not sure if they took with them, I have been assigned a new number, I believe it’s fibre broadband that I will be getting installed.

I am just getting frustrated.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Hi @Gothchick,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the Community. I'm sorry your order has been delayed. I can totally understand your frustration.

What was the last update you had and have they given you any reasons why the order has been delayed?

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Good afternoon, 

The last update I received was that there was an issue with Open Reach, and I would be receiving a call on the 19th May from the complaints team to discuss this and also to hopefully give me confirmation that the services were active, I never received any call and the services are still inactive, all I am getting are the generic emails saying that I won't loose my access from the mini hub.

I have been charged so far for full services for April, even though I have not had full service since the 11th.  I am not getting any updates unless I call customer services, which I am having to do on my lunch time, I have provided contact times for customer services or the complaints team to be able to contact me, the last call I did get said as they couldn't speak to me, they would call back a week later (15th May), again, no call came through.  I am not allowed access to my phone unless I am on a break and these change daily so I don't know what my breaks are until I arrive at work, but have stressed on at least three different occasions that I can be contacted before 9:30 and after 6pm, but no one calls.

When I call for an update, I am told, I am scheduled for a call between 9am and 11am on said date, but the call is either when I am working or not at all.  Its not very good customer service.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Hi @Gothchick,

Thank you for posting back. If you send me your details, I'll take a look at what is happening with the order.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings