cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Migration error with 2 lines

I have 2 lines (2 Numbers)originally installed by BT at our home.

One line stayed with BT but had Sky broadband. The second Line was migrated to TalkTalk with broadband last year. I have asked BT to take the TalkTalk line back and to provide fibre broadband as well as  keep my number, which they said that they could do. However they took over the wrong line (The one that was already with BT) cancelled my sky broadband and have lost my phone number in the system somewhere. The line that they should have taken from TalkTalk now has BT broadband and a copper landline that still seems to be connected to TalkTalk when I dial 100. BT customer services have tried sending several hubs but still have not got the numbers ported at all. Any advice on a solution would be helpful.

All I wanted was broadband and VoIP on one line and just a VoIP home phone on the other.  Is it really that difficult to fathom out.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Migration error with 2 lines

@Magorahog 

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators who can only help with your BT Retail order. BT Retail use BT Digital Voice, but its not always possible to keep your number, especially if it belongs to another provider.  They would not be able to help with your other line.

I have asked one of them to look at your BT order.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Migration error with 2 lines

Hi @Magorahog

Welcome and thanks for your post!

I am sorry for the problems you're having.  I understand you wanted to move the line with Talk Talk over to us and it's disappointing to read that the wrong line was transferred over. 

I'll send you a private message now in a moment so that you can come through to us and we'll straighten everything out for you.  It may not be possible to keep the number but we'll know more once we get your details.  Please include as much info in your reply as possible.  See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings