cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Mis-sold halo upgrade now won’t revert back to original contract

Go to solution

I’m sure this has been posted many times so I apologise. The principle issue is :

signed up on fibre and tv package 500 £42.99

Needed to upgrade to complete Wi-Fi (terrible coverage wouldn’t go through one wall!)

rang BT to add complete Wi-Fi- got hoodwinked into going for halo 3 - promised would only go to £51.99 for full package

agreed and Signed up and ordered Wi-Fi disc

the next day I missed an email stating ‘we’ve been undercharging you for you tv package owing to a glitch! But don’t worry we won’t back charge you! No explanation as to what would happen 

when I did read this a few days later - I thought it was related to the upgrade as I was definitely paying the right tv package’. Tried to ring but no answer. Went online and checked my forecast bill and it what was expected. So I left it.

when the bill arrived it jumped to £61.99!!!

rang and waited a very long time and finally spoke to a representative told them the story and they basically told that as it was  after 14 days they won’t do anything and won’t let me revert to another package that does what I need. Now I’m stuck paying £10pm more for the duration on the contract!!

hugely frustrated with BTs customer service and wanted to know if there anything I can do to rectify the situation

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Mis-sold halo upgrade now won’t revert back to original contract

Go to solution

I got missold Fibre Halo 3 last week - I only took it as I was told if would save me money.

I called BT as I had an email from them stating Full Fibre in now in my area. I'm on Fibre 2 and will get a free upgrade to 100Mb when available. I assumed that the email was about that but nobody at BT seems to know why I got the email.

I also asked about Digital Voice as I don't want to change my BT Hub from the Hub 6 and do not use a telephone line anyway.

He looked at my current broadband payments which are fixed for another 18 months (except inflation rise) and said he could give me a deal for exactly the same broadband options but without the telephone line but with Halo 3 added. Total cost being £7 less than my current monthly payment. There was no mention of recontracting for 24 months or that it was a limited time discount.

I did expect to be tied into a new 24 month contract and when the email arrived that was confirmed. But to my surprise the £7 discount was only for three months and then it would go up to £20 more that my current payments.

It could be that BT CS are now not as good as they used to be and are mis-selling contracts by accident or lack of training.

I cancelled my upgrade and raised a complaint, and was told to call back for a new offer. But I was told there was no offer which could match my current payments.

---------------------------------------------------------------
Fibre 2 Unlimited using EE Smart Hub 2 with EE TV Box Pro (UHD/HDR) in IP mode.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Jon75 I'm really sorry the agreed prices have not been honored, I can assure you this is not our intention and it sounds like there has been a mistake when confirming the package details. We'll have to review the sales call and discuss your options, I'll send you a private message so you can send your details to the moderation team.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Jon75, thanks for your PM to confirm you had already been in touch with our Social Media team and they have resolved this for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings