cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Misinformation about Digital Voice cancellation

Go to solution

When I ordered Full Fibre 300 at the end of December I was fully out of contract. I wanted to cancel Digital Voice as I did not need it. However I was told that the system was not allowing this and the ‘guide’ read out a message to me saying that ‘we are happy for the customer to phone up after the order completes to cancel Digital Voice at no charge’. So I had to proceed with the £3 PAYG DV service on the order.

The order was closed today so I phoned up to cancel DV only to be fed a story about how the two services are ‘tied together’ and that somehow my service would shoot up from £37.99 + £3 per month to well over £70 per month, and I might as well keep it on there.

When I challenged this and the guide tried to put me through to the person who stated this I was unceremoniously cut off.

This is unacceptable - I wanted to understand the rationale behind this huge price hike because it doesn’t tie up with any deals on BTs website, where you can save money for not having DV - not pay more. Plus it explicitly goes against what I was told in clear terms when I ordered fibre - a call which was obviously recorded and can be checked.

This really does seem like an attempt to frustrate in the hope I will give up.

Anyone else have this problem?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Misinformation about Digital Voice cancellation

Go to solution

Removing the Digital Voice service will save you £3 per month, this is based on you stated you have PAYG calls at £3 per month.
Any saving with not having the ability to make and receive calls is through not having a mandatory calling plan.

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@-Richie-  Yes this is what I was expecting to be accepted with no quibble.

Instead I got fed a line with an exaggerated figure attached. Why behave like this about something that can easily be checked on?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Colin_London and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry about this. I can look into it for you. Please check your inbox for my message and drop me over the details.

Cheers

David

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks @DavidM - will send the info this evening when I get home. It may be ‘only’ £3 a month, but I was clear I didn’t need the service and am only doing what I was asked to do at the time I placed the order.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for sending over the details and taking time to talk @Colin_London 

That's all been sorted for you now but if there are any questions you can always drop me a message.

Chers

David