cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Missed payment on Clearscore - plz help resolve

This is w.r.t incorrect missed payments being logged by BT.com for broadband payments which have affected my credit score on clearscore/Equifax, After reading multiple threads on the BT community and many people suffering from the same problem I am writing with the hope that someone from BT reads this and helps 

Timeline : 

Called BT in Dec 2022 for cancellation of broadband which the rep acknowledged but never processed.
Come Jan 2023 i followed up after which i was told that i'd receive and email confirming cancellation but the email never arrived.
Feb 21 2023 finally BT.com processed the cancellation request and i was told that i would get the final bill after end of March 2023. The rep even told me that once the final bill is out this should be sorted and there will be no arrears and the credit file will be sorted.

It is May now, BT  has logged missed payments worth for 3 months and final bill which shows I owe £198. I have never missed a single payment in my life and even spoke to Equifax/Clearscore who claim that it is BT that must settle the final bill and send to them in writing about no arrears/ missed payments.

I have been trying to chase BT and call but not getting anywhere. More so I'm upset that has affected my credit rating just at the time i am re-mortgaging my property.
I hope the ombudsman is not the only way forward here?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Missed payment on Clearscore - plz help resolve

Hi @Rudradivarekar,

Welcome to the BT Community and thank you for posting!

I am sorry for the missed payments logged after you tried cancelling your service in December, last year.  I am disappointed to see that the cancellation took so long that has resulted in this.

I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@RobbieMac  thank you for the very prompt response
Havent yet received a pvt msg, will wait for it and then respond to you.

Regards
Rudra

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Hi @Rudradivarekar, I've been trying to get in touch with you and sent you a Private Message last week. Please would you check it and reply back and I'll be happy to help you if you still need help with this.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@Rudradivarekar  

PM notification will appear at the top right! If it is not highlighted, then press that envelope!

PM.jpg

0 Ratings