cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Missed payment on Credit File

I hope someone can help as I’m pretty desperate!

I signed up for BT In Jan and called to cancel within the cooling off period. 
I then called BT again in March ref to a bill I had received. 
I then called BT in April again, ref to a bill I had received.
Each time the advisor advised the account had been closed.

I then attempted to remortgage only to find I was rejected due to a missed payment logged by BT in June. 

I then contacted BT again who advised it should have been closed back in January and the request had been carried out and I now have to wait 28 days for a response from the debt team ref to my late payment marker on my credit file. 

the interests have gone up twice in the past 2 weeks which means I am worse off over £2386 a year on a 2 year deal due to a BT error and no matter what I do they’ve advised I need to wait in line?

If this doesn’t change I’ll be waiting inline at the foodbank as my affordability due to the incorrect missed payment has left me in a very difficult situation. 

I don’t know where to go from here, interest rates continue to rise and BT have no sense of urgency of my situation. My account has been closed and a complaint logged but no confirmation of how to remove the missed payment.

Please can anyone help! 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Missed payment on Credit File

Hi @Azsid23,

Thank you for posting. I'm sorry if the debt was raised incorrectly against your credit file. The first thing you need to do is raise a dispute with either Equifax or Experian. 

You can do that at

Online at www.equifax.co.uk/ask
Call 0800 014 2955
Address – Equifax Ltd
Customer Service Centre
PO Box 10036
Leicester
LE3 4FS
or

Online at www.experian.co.uk
Call 0344 481 8000
Address - Experian Headquarters Talbot House
Talbot Street
Nottingham
N80 1TH
Once that's been done they'll then liaise with BT for you to get the debt removed. 

If you send me your details I can take a look at that account to see what has gone on. I have sent you a private message with instructions on how to contact the team.  You can access your messages via the envelope icon at the top right of the screen, or click on this link, Private messages

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings