cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Move to EE from BT contract cease fees/final bill

Go to solution

I moved from BT 900 to EE 1.6gb on 19th Dec, all went fine.  When I ordered via telephone I asked twice and was told the fees/contract end fees would be zeroed out/waved as I was moving to EE, I had 1.5 years in theory left on the contract.  I had a few emails/texts before the 19th from BT saying I had this amount to pay as I was leaving so again I phoned up and was told it would sort itself out after it goes live. The final bill came today and its for almost £500 with a DD due to go out on the 4th Jan.

Who is supposed to sort this, any normal person wouldnt leave early throwing away £500, I was told three times it wouldnt be a issue.  Im away between Xmas and new year so wont have chance to try and sort this until the 2nd Jan so ive had no option but to cancel the DD as im not having that amount go out of my bank and waiting weeks for a refund.

Any advice who to contact is it BT or EE or both?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Move to EE from BT contract cease fees/final bill

Go to solution

Good morning @smithjones

Thank you for posting. I am sorry about the cancellation charges showing on your bill after moving over to new EE.  Our helpdesk is closed today.  We can pick up from here after the festive period and sort this out for you.  I'll send you a private message now in a moment with steps on how you can come through to us.  You'll join our queue and when you reach the top one of the Community guides will be in touch to help.  It'll take us a few days to get back to you but we'll manage everything from here.

See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Ouch - this example really doesn’t encourage anyone to try to move to New EE. It doesn’t sound like the necessary processes are in place to support this migration route yet; this sort of thing shouldn’t happen.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

With great thanks and respect I have to say the Mod's have indeed sorted this issue out for me contacting me directly over the festive period.

Nice to have a forum with moderators that have real power to makes things happen!

Thanks and Happy New Year!!