Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Moved Home - Multiple Missed Appointments

Go to solution

Hi, 

I wonder if someone can help or advise?

We moved home around a month ago and notified BT a week or two before the move to get setup at the new address. We've now had 3 missed appointments (so are due 3 missed appointment payments) but getting really frustrated as my partner and I cannot always both get our work done from home with the connection from the ee hub they have provided in the meantime. 

After numerous calls to BT (and numerous fails to call me back despite scheduling call back times etc.) it seems the blame keeps getting pushed on to openreach, communication seems to be terrible between the openreach engineers and BT no one seems to know what's going on or why the engineers are accepting the job each time but not turning up. I understand that openreach are failing to connect but my contract is with BT and BT are failing to provide the service, I just want to get connected in my new home, any help on how to get the engineers to actually turn up or advice on how to escalate this would be much appreciated!!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Moved Home - Multiple Missed Appointments

Go to solution

Hi @SamS1 and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry there's been so many missed appointments with your order. Can you just confirm is this a Full Fibre (FTTP) installation or Fibre to the Cab (FTTC)? Are you trying to move the existing services over from your previous home? Was there an active service already in your new home?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @DavidM , 

Thanks for your quick response, I'm trying to move an existing service from my previous home, the new address is a new build property so no active service here already although there is an openreach mastersocket installed, I honestly couldn't tell you if its FTTP or FTTC but when I called with the new address, BT carried out a check and said it should be possible for a simple set up if that helps at all?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks for getting back to me @SamS1 .

I'll need to take a look at this for you so we can understand where things are going wrong. I'll drop you a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings