cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

Name on bill

Go to solution

My BT account is in my name and with my email and bank details.  The bill has somehow only got my husband's name on it which is causing problems when I want to renew contract and so on. Any suggestions how I can put the bill in the same name as the account?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: Name on bill

Go to solution

@Flora2 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

You cannot change the name of the account holder, the one that started the contract, however you can change the billing details via MyBT.

Are you sure its not your husband that started the contract?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution

I am the account holder. The account shows my name. I started the account and I pay the account. I could change the account name under my details. The bill is in my husband's name for some reason.  There is nowhere I can find to change that and when I wanted to take out a new contract the livechat person wouldn't give me details till my husband typed that he didn't mind me speaking to them??  I did point out that it's my bank account details on the account too but still because the bill is in his name they needed his permission

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@Flora2 

I have asked a moderator to try and sort this out.

They will post on this thread tomorrow.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution

Good morning @Flora2,.

As the bill is in your Husband's name, he is the actual BT account holder. When it comes to setting up online billing, it can be in your name. That's only for accessing the bills online. It won't matter that the payment details are in your name.

We can't change the actual BT account into your name if it is in his name. You can be added to the account as a contact to make changes. I think this would be the best way forward as the alternative is placing an order for you to take over the services in your name. If you need my help with any of this, let me know.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution

My husband's name is on the BILL.  My name is the ACCOUNT HOLDER. When speaking to the livechat she would only speak to the BILLHOLDER (he isn't the bill PAYER, I am) yet I am the ACCOUNT HOLDER. At the least I want the bill in joint names reflecting the account holder name. I can change the account holder name in MY DETAILS but I can't find a way of changing the BILLHOLDER name into the same as the name on the account

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

@Flora2 

You can be an Account Manager, but that does not mean you are the person who`s name is on the bill. The name on the bill would be the account holder.

I will need a moderator to determine whose name the contract is in, as they would be the only person who could make changes to the contract.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

I'm going to send you a private message @Flora2 so we can check who is the actual account holder.

Again, if it states his name on the bill then he is the actual account holder. I can understand that the terminology may sound confusing if you have account holder rights on the online account. You can change away at that name there but it will never change who is the actual account holder on our systems.

We will not be able to put the account into joint names or change it to your name from a legal standpoint. 

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution

Hi @Flora2 

Thanks for taking my call this afternoon.

Glad I could help get this rectified for you going forward. 

The account was in your name just it appears a spelling mistake was the issue.

We have this amended now to avoid further issues.

Cheers

Stuart

Message 10 of 10

Go to solution

Thank you Stuart.  Thank you so much for sorting it out for me and glad it wasn't me being obtuse lol