cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

New FTTP package: billing and offers

Go to solution

Hi,

I applied for a full fibre package on 1 April and had confirmation of the package details (£44.99 pm and £70 reward card) with an activation date of 19 April. A few days later I received an email telling me there was a problem so I phoned BT and the upshot was that activation would happen on 21 April (because my previous supplier would not release the line until that date). Activation didn't happen on 21st and I had a lengthy conversation with BT about this at 10.18 on that date.

I was offered an activation date of 24th April but problems arose because I was told the package I signed up for wasn't available any longer. The CS person told me that he'd spoken to a manager and that they would honour the monthly fee of £44.99 that I'd originally signed up for and credit my account with the £70 that should have been a reward card. So far, so good.

When I received the emails confirming the new contract, it stated the monthly payments would be £58.99 with a £5 discount for the 24 month period. I assumed this would be further discounted (to £44.99) once I actually had a bill. Today, 25th April, I received a notification that my account had 'been credited with £100'. On checking the bill on the MyBT app, it shows the credit of £100 so I haven't actually paid anything on the first bill and still have £46.01 credit towards the next bill. However, the amount of the monthly package is still showing as £53.99 pm, not the £44.99 I originally signed up for and was assured would be the monthly fee for the duration of the contract.

I'm sure you'll agree this is all very confusing as the £100 credit isn't an amount that had been mentioned to me beforehand and isn't the equivalent of the £70 reward card, nor the difference between £44/54 pm over a 24 month contract. Perhaps it's just some strange quirk of the way I'm going to be billed. However, I'd be very grateful if someone could please look into this and let me know exactly what is happening with my account.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: New FTTP package: billing and offers

Go to solution

Hi @radiomyke and welcome back.

It's been a long time but great to see you again. I'm sorry there's been some confusion with the contract terms etc. I'm sure I can sort this out for you. I've dropped you over a message so please reply with the details and I'll look into it for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks David. Info sent as requested. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks @radiomyke .

Leave it with us for now and we'll pick this up soon.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you David and Neil who between them have resolved my issues; both are a credit to this community 🙂

0 Ratings