cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

New broadband

Hi,

I’ve recently moved in with my GF and we need new Wi-Fi however we never had BT before it any since it’s our first place, when I go to complete the order it’s asking for previous addresses yet neither of us have been in charge of paying for that what should we put for previous addresses as it asks for 3 previous years ?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: New broadband

They need the information in order to carry out credit checks.

Just put the address of where you were staying for the past three years. It does not matter if you were not paying rent to stay there.  If it was your parents address just put that in.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

The only thing it said was it would cancel any contract still at the address, so my mums still living there and has her own contract but I’m 45 minutes away in London trying to set a new contract up for my own place, I just don’t want to cause a issue and have my mums contract cancelled
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

You should cancel what you are doing and call BT 0330.1234.150 and order it that way.

By doing that you will be able to speak to a Customer Service agent and explain your situation to them. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Hi @Jlennon41, the address information for the previous 3 years is only for the credit check. As long as you choose that you're a new customer to BT then it won't affect the existing service at your previous residence.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

It sounds like you've clicked the option for home move, you need to click for brand new customer 

0 Ratings