cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

New contract/upgrade technicality

My contract is up in June and I'm in a quandary.  I do not have full fibre broadband in my area yet and it is unclear when it will arrive. If I renew my current package with 67 to 73mbps, I will be committed to a 24 month contract at around £45 (price increases considered).

If and when full fibre becomes available, there will be far better deals available (much higher speeds at cheaper prices) but I will be stuck on my contract. I told BT this on the phone and they said no problem - you can just upgrade at any point. Fine, BUT.... 

Lets say I wanted to "upgrade" to the current second highest package - BT FF 500 at £34.99. Would BT consider that an upgrade? Clearly a technical upgrade, but it costs around £10 cheaper than what I am paying currently.  I can't see them allowing this, what do others think? In the case of them saying no to that, my only option of an upgrade based on price would be BT FF 900 which is a giant leap to £59.99 and would be more than my needs require.

To complicate matters, BT are currently promoting EE to me, would they allow an upgrade and switch to EE during my 24 month contract at a lower price? Again, I can't help but think they would not welcome that.

I really don't know how to play this one, any advice?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: New contract/upgrade technicality

500Mb is only £34.99 because it's currently discounted from the usual £45.99.  No guarantee that price will still be available if/when FTTP arrives.

Best bet is probably to look at what competitors are offering with around three weeks left. Then challenge BT to come up with something close. If they won't then move.

0 Ratings