cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

No Smart Hub 2 with upgrade?

Hi. Just upgraded BT broadband and the deal offered showed the Smart Hub 2 as the device included, but BT say my order is complete and no new device has been sent. I have an old hub from about 5 years ago so was expecting with my upgrade I would be upgrading. Seems very misleading…

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: No Smart Hub 2 with upgrade?

This has been raised a few times ion the forum and you would only get a new hub if your existing hub was not sufficient for your package

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 9

If your present BT hub works with your upgraded service you would not automatically be supplied with a Smarthub 2 unless your telephone service is being migrated to BT Digital Voice, which needs the Smart Hub 2.

Message 4 of 9

Why do you want a new hub? New isn't always better.

Message 5 of 9

It seemed to me that they were ‘selling’ the Smart Hub as their best, most powerful hub yet, so seemingly it would be better than what I’ve got. I was tempted to switch providers as I found the service wasn’t great, but instead thought ‘upgrade’ might just be what’s needed as I’ve been on the same deal and kit for a while and perhaps it’s outdated and slow.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

If you were changed to digital voice when you upgraded then you would have needed a SH2 unless you already had a SH2.  The days of free hubs when your renew your package are long gone

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 7 of 9

Don't believe all the marketing hype you read.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Thought all phone lines was moving to digital in the next 2 or 3 years.

So you would think the likes of BT would now offer their new BT Smart Hub 2 as standard for anyone on FTTC renewing or joining BT.

I know you have to have the new BT Smart Hub 2 if you move to FTTP.

Yes  if you cant get FTTC then BT should still offer the BT Smart Hub(BT Hub 6).

I using the BT Smart Hub(Home Hub 6) and have been since I got upgraded from the Home Hub 4 when I renewed my contract just under 2 years ago. Wifi is still not  always great in the house but it is an improvement compared to the Home Hub 4 that I was using.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Hi @CMV43,

I am sorry for any confusion for when you changed your package.

I'd like to take a look at your order for you and see what you were promised.

I'm sending you a private message where you can reply back to me on.

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings