cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Nobody at BT taking customer calls..tried all day waiting forever this is disgusting

Hi all i want to do is have a call with BT to possibly remove my landline and its costs. My contract runs out on 16th August and i need to change my broadband deal. I Also want to see if they can compete with other providers as i will have to switch otherwise. Anyone help me with this from BT i am sick and tired of trying to speak with the non existent customer service team if BT even have one anymore. I have been trying to ring today 5 times at different times and constantly put on hold for over 10 mins every single call..this is not acceptable BT 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Nobody at BT taking customer calls..tried all day waiting forever this is disgusting

Message 3 of 9

Re: Nobody at BT taking customer calls..tried all day waiting forever this is disgusting

Try ringing the retentions team on 0800 800 030

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

@martian1 

Removing the ability to make and receive calls, will only save you about £5, unless you have a calls package, which would also be deducted.

You cannot remove any "landline", as that is needed to carry broadband, and the cost is already included in the broadband price.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

It took me 40 minutes to get through to them today. This and the excessive annual price increases is why I shall be moving to Zen when my contract ends towards the end of 2023.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

@SixtiesFan wrote:

It took me 40 minutes to get through to them today. This and the excessive annual price increases is why I shall be moving to Zen when my contract ends towards the end of 2023.

Yeh because Zen are so good and won't increase prices..... not.

Zen Internet UK Scraps Lifetime Price Guarantee for New Contracts - ISPreview UK

Lifetime broadband price policy scrapped by Zen Internet (choose.co.uk)

Message 7 of 9

Well everything else is going up in price, so Zen's costs must be increasing too. Also, from one of the links you kindly provided, "the provider does still offer a Zen Contract Price Promise that says the firm will not change the monthly costs of a customer's broadband plan during their minimum term contract (unless required to do so by a regulatory body).

What this means is that Zen broadband customers will sign up to a monthly price that will remain the same during their contract, although it will likely rise after the minimum term.

Only a few providers fix their broadband prices for the entirety of a fixed contract, so Zen is still a good option in that respect."

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

At the end of the day the bit that matters is the service and as both Zen and BT use Openreach infrastructure I really don't see any benefit in jumping out of the frying pan into the fire

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

@Les-Gibson 

If broadband was binary, in that it either worked or it didn't, I'd agree with you. But as we see here on pretty much a daily basis, there are many issues that can impact service. Being able to have a technical conversation to discuss an issue rather than beating your head against BT's wall of script drones can be invaluable. They also supply probably the best ISP router in the Fritzbox 7530.

Now whether that is worth the premium they charge is for the punter to decide. I'd liken it to breakdown cover for the car. You hope you won't break down but it's reassuring to know you'll have someone to call if you do.

0 Ratings