cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 24

Re: Not renewing Contract - how to inform BT

Go to solution

If your contract ends in 15 days, how & why have you got confirmation for 28th March? That sounds like you've cancelled rather than set in place a switch.

In your OP you said you'd already made provision to switch, who to & on what service?

0 Ratings
Message 22 of 24

Go to solution

@LadyLouisawrote:

Ok - it just gets worse  I have received confirmation that all ends 28 March

Have you asked BT to manually cease it and close your account ? if so then you won't now be able to switch and will lose your number, previous replies have said not to go down this route if you're switching, if you want support you'll get it but ignoring advice is going to cause you issues and cause you to go without any service for a period.

@LadyLouisawrote:

However I am not recognised on my BT app or e mail as of a while ago. Log in details incorrect!!  So cannot use e mail or app now

Coincidence or malicious 

100% coincidence, all of your services will remain active and available until you cease, any BT cloud data will be deleted 60 days after you leave.

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 24

Go to solution

@LadyLouisa  As far as I understand, when moving between any Openreach based Broadband provider, you simply sign up with the new provider, and they handle any switch. It ends the "rolling contract" with the old provider on the transition date (and outstanding costs/refunds are worked out pro rata). 

I am not sure about the process if you switch from FTTC broadband to FTTP broadband though. So to be on the safe side, either way, I would give 30 days notice and sign up with a new provider from the last day/day after. Then you know exactly what your last bill ought to be.

I would also in general recommend checking out FTTP packages with whomever, since FTTP for starters is more reliable and secondly most packages tend to be far better value for money for the like for like speed. 

0 Ratings
Message 24 of 24

Go to solution

@JamesBand5wrote:

I am not sure about the process if you switch from FTTC broadband to FTTP broadband though. So to be on the safe side, either way, I would give 30 days notice and sign up with a new provider from the last day/day after. Then you know exactly what your last bill ought to be.

If you want to retain the same telephone number, don't make any changes or it will break the number port.
If you're happy to accept a new number or going for broadband only, a manual cease request with 30 days notice is required.

0 Ratings