cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

OLD SETTLED DEBT

I have an old debt dating back to 2017.  I paid it in early April, and am waiting for my Experian credit file to update.  As I had a bit of a mare finding out detail to pay it (there were lots of ref numbers quoted, and a lot of to-ing and fro-ing)  is there any way i can get hold of someone in BT to check that it has been matched off against my old account as I paid by bank transfer?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: OLD SETTLED DEBT

Hi @paulamc69 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, it can a month from when payment is made for your credit file to update.

I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with the moderation team and we'll be happy to check if your payment has been received against the correct account. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: OLD SETTLED DEBT

Well, here are.  I paid my outstanding debt on 11 April.  Despite trying here, calling BT more than once and raising this through Experian, my credit file is still 3 months down the line still showing a default.  On 7 June (8 weeks after paying my account) BT advised that "customer needs to be patient and the file will be amended in the next update".  Well, the account was updated on 30 June and oh - still showing a default of £42.  I honestly think that BT could not care less about this and have been stringing me along.  How on earth should it take 3 months to update someones file when the norm is 4-6 weeks.  I have been told over the phone  and via PM here that my account details cannot be found.  However, BT were very quick to track down my details when i rang them trying to sort out paying the debt off in the first place, but now i seem to have disappeared into the ether.  

I have paid the money into the BT account using the account number I was given for my reference but no update to Experian.  Absolutely nobody can help me, including experian.  How long do i have to wait?  How on earth, if BT can update my account every month with a default amount, can they now not find the payment has been made and is settled and then update my account to say this is settled?????

Absolutely disgusted!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

OLD DEBT PAID 3 MONTHS AGO STILL NOT CORRECTED ON EXPERIAN BY BT!!!!!

Well, here are.  I paid my outstanding debt on 11 April.  Despite trying here, calling BT more than once and raising this through Experian, my credit file is still 3 months down the line still showing a default.  On 7 June (8 weeks after paying my account) BT advised that "customer needs to be patient and the file will be amended in the next update".  Well, the account was updated on 30 June and oh - still showing a default of £42.  I honestly think that BT could not care less about this and have been stringing me along.  How on earth should it take 3 months to update someones file when the norm is 4-6 weeks.  I have been told over the phone  and via PM here that my account details cannot be found.  However, BT were very quick to track down my details when i rang them trying to sort out paying the debt off in the first place, but now i seem to have disappeared into the ether.  

I have paid the money into the BT account using the account number I was given for my reference but no update to Experian.  Absolutely nobody can help me, including experian.  How long do i have to wait?  How on earth, if BT can update my account every month with a default amount, can they now not find the payment has been made and is settled and then update my account to say this is settled?????

Absolutely disgusted!!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Re: OLD DEBT PAID 3 MONTHS AGO STILL NOT CORRECTED ON EXPERIAN BY BT!!!!!

@paulamc69 

The forum mods have offered assistance and I assume your replied to their PM and provided information requested.

The mods will help but they are busy helping others who consider their problem urgent and a priority hence why the mods reply in order PM received and that way everyone is treated equally.  Just need to wait until you get to top of queue

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings