cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Openreach engineer never turned up...

Go to solution

Hi

Openreach engineer was due to turn up yesterday (24th Mar) between 1pm & 6pm to install Full Fibre but sadly the time came and went with no installation taking place and i'm left wondering what happens now...

Everything seemed to be going smoothly up until yesterday as i had lot's of Text's and emails during the week keeping me up to date from Openreach.

I understand issues/problems happen but it's so frustrating having to wait in all day then engineer doesn't turn up or have the decency to contact me to let me know they aren't arriving as planned... 

Ive just logged into my BT account to track order and there's an alert message... 

Sorry for the delay

Your order is taking longer than expected. We're working on it and we'll be in touch if there are any changes to your order. Thanks for your patience.

......................................................................................

Ive scrolled down the order page to the engineer details and it says...

Fri 24 Mar 2023
Engineer visit

for Broadband
Estimated arrival between 13:00 - 18:00

We are still waiting for information from our engineers and will update the order shortly. Still having problems?

Do i need to contact anyone or just sit back and wait for BT or Openreach to contact me with another appointment to install full fibre? i prefer not to ring anyone... will i get compensation for a missed appointment too?
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Openreach engineer never turned up...

Go to solution

You will get it resolved quicker if you contact them and I would try BT first.

You can send them a direct message on twitter in my experience and they respond  very quickly, but they may ask to call you. 

Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

@MVP26 

try phoning FTTP TEAM 08005874787 and see if they can help you sort out next engineer visit.

if diverted to CS then hang up and try bit later

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks for the replies. A lovely lady phoned me and has booked another installation appointment for next weekend (April 1st) fingers crossed it's not a joke and the installation goes a head 😉

Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

That's great to see @MVP26.

I'm sorry that the engineer didn't turn up when they were supposed to. I hope all goes well for you next week.

Thanks
DanielS

Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Hi

Just to update this thread...

The Openreach engineer turned up today and did a great job installing full fibre. I'm very happy with the download speed of 500mbps 😉