cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 37

Re: Openreach has laid full fibre to the house but BT won't send an engineer to connect it

Thank you for confirming
0 Ratings
Message 32 of 37

Re: Openreach has laid full fibre to the house but BT won't send an engineer to connect it

So has the DSL checker changed and it now shows WBC  FTTP ? , out if curiosity what does the survey note state , as previously even those neighbours that could order had AFAIR ,  overhead , line of site issues when obviously the work was to replace the now impossible overhead route with an underground method of service.

Assuming your address shows availability, if it states built to curtilage hard , then the installater will expect a duct of toby box on the boundary of the footpath and your property ( obviously in your case your house is on the footpath ) if it states anything else then it may be from the new footway jointbox that an excavation needs to be made …you were asked if you had a duct placed in front of your address or in the boundary between you and a neighbour , but you haven’t answered that question.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 37

WBC FTTP shows as Available 1st Stage

No toby box or duct in front of house or between houses

Not sure what the survey note is but on the checker the message below shows:

''Our records show the following FTTP network service information for these premises:-Single Dwelling Unit Residential OH Feed with Line of sight problems Others.

FTTP is available and a new ONT may be ordered.''

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 37

I suppose it’s possible that the CBT ( fibre distribution point ) for you and your neighbours is at the telegraph pole top ( perhaps you can take a  look or even take a picture and post it , ( CBT’s  look a bit like a bottom of an egg box , black in colour, maybe search Openreach Corning optisheath CBT so see images) and the idea is that the connection is made at the CBT on the pole , the optical cable is ran down the pole , into the new ducted road crossing , and into the new footway jointbox (  everything new is just to allow a cable to pass through from the pole to your side of the road ) and no equipment is actually contained within the new jointbox, the cable simply passes through the box to the house wall …..seems a poor setup to me , but maybe what the survey/planner envisaged.

I suspect your install ( once you order ) may be delayed, with the information to hand the installer will expect to put up a wire from the pole , will realise that it’s not possible due to the power lines , and hopefully spot  the duct that crosses the road , however if there isn’t also a duct to your house from the new jointbox on your side , that will need to be arranged by the installer ….you don’t say if the notes for your address is KCI2 assure or single stage , if KCI2 assure then a pre installation visit should take place where it may be realised this extra work is needed and it’s arranged to be completed in advance of the contractual second stage visit ( KCI2 is a two stage installation ) if it is single stage , then this extra work many not be addressed until after the installation is attempted and fails ….

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 37

I cannot see any reference to KCI2

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 37

In which case I suspect what will happen is you order FTTP , and are given an appointment ( single stage ) , when the installer turns up , they realise although the job description says ‘overhead’  , it’s not really an overhead job , and they ‘spot’ the new duct that has been provided…..if it’s not complete ( so a gap in the duct exists between the footway box and your house wall ) they say , ‘ it’s not going to happen today’  , and they will arrange the missing duct section to be provided  ( why this wasn’t done as it was for your neighbours is a mystery ) , that work is then done retrospectively and the installation can then take place .

It’s possible, that ( with your neighbours permission ) they could use a duct that comes out on a neighbour wall and run the cable across third party house walls to your address , but that woukd require the installer to use initiative and your neighbours to agree ….If you are so inclined, speak to your neighbour that now has FTTP and ask if their order journey was complicated or straightforward.

Message 37 of 37

Just called BT, not sure if I need to go on to another forum for this query but they have told me that I have to order the Full Fibre 900 on New EE otherwise I have to wait until my contract has fully ended (which is the 12/8).  Would you know if this is the case please?

0 Ratings