cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 21 of 37

Re: Openreach has laid full fibre to the house but BT won't send an engineer to connect it

correct
0 Ratings
Message 22 of 37

Re: Openreach has laid full fibre to the house but BT won't send an engineer to connect it

Care to take a picture or two ( and post them ) of the excavation outside your address and outside one of the completed installations ?

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 37

Yes, no problem but will probably have to be on Wednesday when I will be WFH and hopefully most of the neighbours will have removed their vehicles
0 Ratings
Message 24 of 37

outside houseoutside houseDSC02772.JPGNeighbours house with fibreNeighbours house with fibre

0 Ratings
Message 25 of 37

Unfortunately the images don’t particularly add to the sum total of knowledge, I assume a ducted road  crossing now  exists from the  carriageway joint box ( with the metal lids ) at the foot of the pole to a new small joint box possibly a JUF2  in the footpath on the same side as the properties in question, but nothing obvious from that box onwards…..with the footpath being cobbled ,  it’s not like excavating in tarmac where the reinstatement ‘scars ’ remains witness to the excavation, so it’s unclear what , apart from the jointbox was also done ….,

I would have expected that toby boxes to have also been provided in the footpath outside each address, or possibly a toby box for a pair of dwellings, situated at the mid point so capable of servicing two addresses , the image showing the address that apparently now has FTTP , shows no evidence , like a toby box , duct against the house wall , capping ,  CSP , although there is a picture of a scar in the carriageway outside presumably your property , and possibly designed to also service No.11 , it seemingly just stops the the cobblestone footpath , does every dwelling ( or pair of dwellings) have a similar scars  in the road ? 

If the scheme was intended to provide availability to all 8 dwellings ( I presume it’s 8 as there are 8 front doors ) , then I would have expected much more in the way of ‘evidence’ of the work done …..given the tiny size of the footpath, and pretty old construction ( you don’t see cobbled footpaths very often ) I wonder if what was planned couldn’t be provided completely , perhaps there  just wasn’t the room under that footpath for new ducts etc,  and although some work was possible  , hence some addresses showing availability , perhaps it wasn’t possible to get any new infrastructure outside your individual property.

I suspect the only way to know for sure  is to start a dialogue with Openreach via the link posted earlier , they may contact you and explain the situation, but as far as individual ISP’s , including BT , they only ‘see’ the current survey information , and raising an order won’t be possible until that information changes , or is confirmed as correct .

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 37

The house with fibre does have this fitted to the wall but could be unrelated?  I have received a response to the Openreach form and it is 'to be investigated'.

IMG_2839.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 27 of 37

That's a CSP, it's where the internal fibre is spliced to the external fibre.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 37

As stated , that’s a CSP ( customer service point ) and is what you would expect on an Openreach FTTP installation, there is also a grey duct 56 with a black ‘bung’ in it (to stop debris etc entering the duct ) , it’s not very  clear but the external optical cable from the CSP probably runs into the duct , ( this duct was provided during the works that took place ) the new  duct is connected to the new JUF2 joint box and that jointbox houses the fibre CBT , the CBT it’s probably cabled through the new road crossing into the box at the foot of the pole and then onwards into the pre-existing OR duct network to where the splitter node is located .

The CBT size provided should be sufficient for all the addresses it was designed to connect, so if 8 addresses, it should be a 12 port CBT ( I’m not suggesting you have a sneaky look ) 

Has a similar duct been provided outside all the other cottages that have availability, but no duct outside your cottage ( having in mind it could be on the boundary of you and next door ) although I stated Toby boxes , given the houses are right on the footpath ( so no front garden ) toby boxes are probably unnecessary, if you do have a duct , then you are ‘ready’ even if the data says you aren’t, unfortunately if you don’t have a duct it could be there simply wasn’t ‘room’ in the footpath for a new duct, obviously until they start digging no one knows for sure how much space is available.

If you get in well with your neighbours, a potential solution ( if no duct  ) is to bring a cable onto a neighbours wall and then run it  across any  neighbours along the way  to your property but that obviously needs your neighbours to agree ….obviously that solution may never be needed and still needs the correct survey notes to be added by Openreach if all other options are no good .

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 37

Update!  Received the following from Openreach

''I’ve looked into your enquiry and can confirm that Ultrafast Full Fibre Broadband is available to order. All you need to do to place an order, is contact any one of the hundreds of broadband providers who are powered by our network, as Openreach doesn’t provide phone, broadband or TV services directly.''

As Openreach clearly needs to do further work directly outside my house to get us connected, do you know if I order the FTTP with BT they will arrange this with Openreach please?

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 37

@MidlandsButternut 

Yes they should. Openreach will not do anything without an order from a provider.

0 Ratings