cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Openreach line plant work

Hi all,
Not sure if this should be in the home phone section, however I thought more people would see it if it was here.
OK strap yourself in its a bit of a long one. (That's what she said)

Around December I placed an order for a landline, the reason was I intended to have this installed then order broadband.  I ordered just the landline as this is how open t reach had advised me to get it started.  The house is not served by openreach network as it was a locked out site. Fibre to the home with ofnl, however the minimum lockout period has now ended. Open reach had advised (via there fibre availability contact Page) that I have to order just the landline otherwise it will automatically be canceled (Which it had been 5 orders previously)  we finally managed to get a survey done by Openreach end of January the guy advised that we would need a pole put in as the one opposite our house was actually a relic from days gone by (Redifusion cable) pole.  OK so we were as he said a couple of weeks possibly a month or so before the pole goes in 3 or 4 more failed install dates where I had been advised of the date, took the day off and nothing not even a phone call 😒

Obviously have a complaint on my file and I get fairly regular updates every 2 ish weeks with the latest reason for delay.  

The latest one I've taken from the text... 29 LINE PLANT WORKS. POLING Estimate - WDRDLP5V is being worked upon

The problem I have is OK fine I understand that delays happen and it's not a standard install so I didn't expect it to be installed in the original 7 days when I picked my appointment date however this latest reason they have used previously 5hen it switches to something about diversion. Work then there's a delay with the contractors not being able to get a pole 🤷‍♂️🤷‍♂️ then returns to the above.

Is there any kind sole, no scrap that angel on here that might be able to shed a little light my way? I have been told by Bt to contact openreach.  Openreach then advise by mail (as I can't actually speak to a human) to contact bt.

As I said to bt back in January, I understand its not standard but can you or openreach give me some idea of time frame and not... Oh 2 weeks and it will be installed then another and another 

Fingers crossed for an angel

Regards

Robert 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Openreach line plant work

Hi @lamplite1c welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry about the delay in getting your line installed. I'll send you a private message so you can contact the moderation team with your order details and we'll be happy to chase this up with Openreach.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings