cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 13

Openreach rejecting orders :(

Go to solution

I recently moved house and tried to transfer my Vodafone broadband connection from the old to the new one; but it was rejected twice by Openreach. I assumed it was an issue with Vodafone and tried to create a new order with Sky; but Openreach has rejected it again. And all 3 times with no explanation. Has anyone had a similar experience, and if yes, how did you go about resolving it? My spouse and I both wfh so we really need to resolve this soon.  (The lady who lived previously in the new house definitely worked from home so she did have a good working internet.)

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Message 2 of 13

Re: Openreach rejecting orders :(

Go to solution

@aniriansha 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

This forum has no connection with Openreach.

Have you tried to place an order with BT Retail?

If you are intending to use a different provider, then please could you post on their user forum.

https://forum.vodafone.co.uk/

https://helpforum.sky.com/

Thanks

Message 3 of 13

Go to solution
Thank you for the quick reply. Since Openreach is under BT, I incorrectly posted on this forum.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution

Its been almost a month since my last post about Openreach rejecting broadband orders..

I have now moved to BT itself and created 3 orders already, the 3rd which has just been cancelled again.

No one seems to know the answer on why the orders get rejected by Openreach?? Its my 6th order already between 3 service providers - Vodafone, then Sky and now BT. Its not even about creating a new line; all that is needed is to use the existing line.  I am from the IT Industry myself and understand things are not always smooth and right the first time; but this is heights for something as basic as broadband.

Disappointing, frustrating, clueless, loss of time, effort, money. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

You could try contact openreach on twitter maybe 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
Thank you! I have already tried that, and not had any response unfortunately..
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

Reply to one of theyre tweets and say can i dm you please, and they should send you a link that they reply to faster

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

Are you trying to order FTTP or FTTC? 

If the former (so FTTP full fibre) then it's likely there's an order linked to your address meaning any subsequent order placed with Openreach will reject.

It probably isn't helping that there's multiple orders being placed as they'll all hit the same issue. 

What you need to understand, from your chosen supplier, as they get full updates from Openreach is what is the rejection code. If Openreach reject, they tell the provider why. 

This information is key to moving this one forward. 

I wish you luck 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution

Hi @aniriansha, sorry your orders keep getting cancelled. It may be that there is no capacity to provide your service currently,

Would you check your address and post the data from https://www.broadbandchecker.btwholesale.com/#/ADSL/AddressHome 
ps remove your address before posting the data on broadband availability on the forum.

Cheers

john

Message 10 of 13

Go to solution
Thank you! Full fibre is not available yet in my area. So am just looking at the normal braodband.
Thanks the for the note on the Rejection code. I will check with my supplier what the code is...
0 Ratings