cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 32

Ordering BT Home Essentials package

I was wondering if you got it sorted as I am having a nightmare trying to convince them that I am on a low income  but it is my partner who gets the income support for both of us.

0 Ratings
31 REPLIES 31
Message 2 of 32

Hi I have been given help by the team on this forum and managed to get early termination of the contract so my partner could put it in her name as she is  the claimant of legacy benefits for both of us, I never understood where the problem was as the way the law stands only one person can claim benefits if you're a couple, I even got official letter from DWP to say my partner claims for me but that was not suitable to BT, I believe they need to look at it again to see if a partner can be added to the BT account without any penalties, because I believe BT are going to loose a lot of customers with the rate inflation is going up, my understanding is that they should help a customer and keep them as a customer rather than being so hard on the customer and losing them because of a poor managed system in place which doesn't work for many, you could always email ofcom with your concerns about this home essential package as that's where I was going to go next, but luckily I got all help and support from this forum, good luck hope you get the help you need caused by no fault of your own. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 32

I am so annoyed that even though the DWP said they would send them confirmation that I am named on an income support letter they would not accept it, I had asked to speak to the manager but she was not about and the representative said she would ring me back but that never happened so I contacted them again and I should of had a call from a manager again but that never happened so now I am waiting for a call from the manager tomorrow (21/3/22) so we will see if that happens ! I will be written directly to Mr Philip Jansen CEO if I have not received a call by 5pm ! Thank you for replying to my message and hopefully I can get this sorted tomorrow but I won't hold my breath.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 32

Good luck hopefully one of the team from this forum will be able to assist you as I spoke to managers and I was disgusted by the way they spoke to me, the couple of managers I spoke to were very arrogant and offered no help at all, so don't give up these guys on here are great support. 

Message 5 of 32

Where do I go to ask one of the team to help me please ? Not quite worked out how you do things on here yet.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 32

Usually one of the moderators will contact you but not too sure with it being weekend, good luck and hopefully a mod will pick it up today for you, even though I managed to receive help change over I am still in the process of taking this issue further with Opcom and DWP as I believe its is discrimination against people where the likes of me I am disabled and the law states my partner needs to claim for me, which in my right as a human being I feel as if I have no decision on how my benefits are handled even though I am on the claim as my wife's partner, but the issue lies with the DWP not allowing your national insurance number to show on the BT system to confirm your a couple in receipt of benefit, and the issue with my wife taking over my BT account I was advised it would cost 800 pound to get out of contract, BT wouldn't even add my wife to my account, why I do not know? I got the feeling they just didn't want help me at BT until I came into the forum, I still believe BT do not value there customers as your just an account number with a bill attached to you every month, its down to corporate greed when so many people are struggling and they don't offer you help and support, keep trying and don't give up, I will be starting a page on social media once I start getting some answers back from the relevant bodies ile keep you informed if any thing materialises relating to the discrimination of couples on benefits, I'm looking for legal advice myself to try and help others going thru this stressful situation with BT, Good Luck

Message 7 of 32

Re: Ordering BT Home Essentials package

Hi @brookes

Welcome to the BT Community and thanks for your posts.  I have moved your posts to create your own thread as the one you had posted on has already been marked as solved.

I am sorry for the problems and confusion around signing up for Home Essentials.  We'll be able to pick up and double check everything for you from here.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 32

Thank you I have now been contacted by a moderator as now contacted me so hopefully he can help me.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 32

Thank you Robbie I have sent you my details.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 32

Glad to hear Good luck 

0 Ratings