cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Out of contract.

As i am now out of contract, following advice on here i decided to call  BT, I was offered a new contract Halo 3 at £42.??  however the same offer on MY BT , offer of £39.96. Even though i informed them I am now a pensioner and 23 years with BT, no loyalty so nothing really to encouraged me.

My  question,  i received an email " We wanted to remind you that from 31 March 2023, the price of your services will increase by £5.75 a month. This is in-line with your terms and conditions, which are linked to inflation."   I was informed on the phone that there would not be an increase if i renewed my contract, is this true ?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Out of contract.

@starship 

See this thread. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

This was one of the reasons I decided to leave BT not long after my contract ended. Was told I may get a better deal near the time my contract was to end but deal changed to one that was not as good.

I was nearly 25 years with  BT for everything

Think BT offered me a better deal back in mid January knowing I would then have the price rise on top of that come 31st March and when  my contract run out near end of Feb I waited a few days to avoid the price rise and got offered a deal that was not as good and less of a saving. As they knew I would avoid the price rise.

BT are just at it. 
Switched to Sky FTTC about 10 days ago on a similar package and speed that  I was on with BT FTTC.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thanks for the direction on this subject. However i am still not receiving a straight forward answer.

That is; My contract is out, I am offered alternatives on MY BT, 

QUESTION;  If i take a new contract out before the 31st March, Will i still pay the increase of £5.75 per month ?

Thanks.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

@starship 

The 2nd post in the thread I pointed you to is definitive enough I'd say.