cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 26

Renewed and still showing a price increase from 31st March

Go to solution

Hi,

I renewed my contract today on the phone, I asked the question that I shouldn't be affected by the price increase this April but have received an email with the contract showing a price increase from 31st March Onwards.

What's the best solution to this since I think I'll have a 14 day off cooling period, just don't want to get locked in and be affected.

Thanks

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: Renewed and still showing a price increase from 31st March

Go to solution

Hi, @jb68 I'm sorry if you've been misinformed, if you renew today you will be affected by the price increase on the 31st of March. If you renew after the 1st of March you would not be affected by this year's change. 

Neil

Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

@jb68 

I think there might be a way around this.

After March 1st go into MYBT and manage your Broadband and try the Upgrade option. You should find that your current contract is shown as one of the upgrade options and try checking out.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

Hi,

thanks for the information and yeah I got misinformed. I have sent in a request to cancel the renewal and will wait after 1st of march 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution
Why the 1st March not to be affected by the price increas from 31 March?

If I understand it correctly, as I'm well within my current 24 month contract and decide to recontract after 1 March with my exact same package I assume I will avoid the price increase. Is this correct?
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

@allanraymond 

Well I'm hoping that if I renew my recently renewed contract after March 1st that it'll avoid the price increase. Certainly I'm going to try it.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution

Anyone who joins or renews the minimum term on or after 1st March 2023 will avoid this years price change, anyone who joins or renews before then will be impacted by the price change.

Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

As per my earlier query.

Why customers renewing after 1st March will not to be affected by the price increase from 31 March?

Is this documented somewhere?

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution

There has to be a cut off date at some point, for BT it's March 1st 2023, so your first increase would be 01/04/2024 if you renewed on or after 01/03/2023

Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

It wouldn’t surprise me if the offers in My BT from 01/03/2023 will include the increase and the re-contract for the same price offers will have disappeared.