cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Overbilling issues

Go to solution

It has been suggested to me that I post the details of this issue here, as the moderators might be able to assist.

My contract with BT (Broadband and landline services) expired on 6th Sept 2022, so around a month prior to that we signed up with Sky, who offered to handle the switch (which went ahead with no issues).

6th August received a bill for "Broadband Package - 06 Aug - 05 Sep", which was paid in full by direct debit on 15th August.

11.15am on September 2nd 2022, I called BT (on 0800 287833) to check whether BT required the return of the HomeHub. Was told that this was unlikely, however if it was to be returned, we would be informed of this and sent the appropriate pre-paid return packaging.

The 6th September came around, our services from BT ceased, we plugged in the new Sky equipment and were back online.

On 14th September, a further direct debit of £38.78 was taken by BT.

Upon logging back into 'MyBT', I find another bill for 'Broadband Package - 06 Sep - 05 Oct'.

6th October there's another one, "Broadband Package - 06 Oct - 05 Nov".

7th October at 12:03pm I call BT again (on 0800 443311) regarding this overbilling.

During this 29:00 minute call, I am assured by the BT accounts operative that "I've made sure that the charging stops immediately" that a new 'final bill' will be forthcoming with the appropriate adjustment, backdated to reflect the cessation of services on 6th September. Also that a refund cheque will be issued (I had by then cancelled the direct debit with my bank) in "around seven working days".

A week later (12th October) I get ANOTHER bill. This one for a single day of "Broadband Package" and informing me that "You stopped your service on 07 Oct".

So on 18th October at 6:45pm, I spend another 21 mins on the phone (0800 800150) only to be told that the continued billing is all basically MY FAULT because I have failed to return the modem, despite being advised previously that it was 'unlikely' that it needed to be returned, not ever having been asked to return it and not having been supplied with the pre-paid packaging.

On 22nd October, the pre-paid packaging arrived (a grey polythene sack) and the modem and PSU were duly returned at 9am on the 24th October, hoping that this will be the end of it.

Alas, no. Logging in to 'MyBT' on 13th November, I'm informed that I am being charged a further £7.50 'late payment charge' with regard to an 'overdue' £38.78 and a 'due' £2.50.

I now feel that I have come as far as can with BT customer services.  All of the above described interactions are fully documented, available on request.

My desired outcome here is that the £38.78 already erroneously debited from my bank account be returned and I would like BT to desist in billing me for services that they did not provide.

Suggestions?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Overbilling issues

Go to solution

I have asked the mods to see if they can help you get this sorted  they are very busy so may take a few days for them to contact you  they will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @overcharged23, welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. 

I'm sorry that you've been over charged. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to get your account corrected.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @overcharged23 I've tried calling yesterday and today and, sorry but I couldn't reach you. 

Please would you check you Private Messages and reply to the message I sent you yesterday and I'll be able to get this resolved for you.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @overcharged23, thanks for replying to my PM. I can confirm that the incorrect charges have now been refunded and your account is £38.78 in credit. This will be refunded to you via Cheque.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Thank you.

0 Ratings