cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Package Renewal

Hi 

I'm hoping someone can make this a bit clearer for me.

I currently have TV vip package at 62.70 plus extra box at 5 per month. On a side note, I also have Netflix which I pay straight to Netflix.

BT have written to me to to renew my contract, but the monthly price has gone up to 73 a month but now includes netflix (which essentially includes the 10 extra for Netflix), plus an extra 30p for the privilege of adding it to my BT bill.

Is this significant price hike purely to include Netflix into the package. Im just trying to figure out what incentive there is to renew for another 2 years? I'm not sure if I'm missing something.

Also, I've seen a few posts about eurosport. Am I right in saying it will be removed at some point?

Thanks 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Package Renewal

I'm in a similar position and will be cancelling my TV contract when it comes up for renewal, I only watch the Now TV channels and I can get them cheaper by signing up with them, on top of that I pay Netflix separately and have no wish to put all of my eggs in one basket, that only makes for a bigger omelette when things go wrong. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

@Rjf87  - Agree with @Les-Gibson but you should also allow for the CPI + VAT increase.

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/annual-price-changes-and-cpi 

That said, as always, it is recommended calling LOYALTY/RENEWALS team on 0800 800 150 and see what offers they might be willing to negotiate.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

I spoke to someone in renewals on the chat and they've renewed me with £1 for 3 months on the VIP TV and then migrated Netflix over, but they're also sending the new TV box which is a bonus.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

I've renewed on to VIP from Big Sport. Monthly payment is £73 plus £4 for Netflix UHD but the base package is £34 for 6 months. For me, it works out an extra £7-ish per month over the two years for Entertainment and Sky Cinema.. I'm pretty happy tbh 

0 Ratings