cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 6

Parcel returned to SDC, XX101BT

I recently returned a parcel of old equipment as I have upgraded my system. The parcel was sent to SDC at XX10 1BT on checking the Royal Mail tracking site I found the following message, Sorry, we were unable to deliver this item at 20-07-2022 as the recipient is no longer at that address. We're returning the item to the sender.

As my address is not on the parcel it cannot be returned to sender, and I don't believe the SDC has moved, can anybody assist?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Parcel returned to SDC, XX101BT

Postcode on my returns bag here is XX50 5NN 😐

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

That was the same on my label, but when post office scanned barcode it appears as XX10 1BT on the certificate of posting. Both postcodes are for BT returns, SDC, which is Scottish Disribution Centre.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 6

I wouldn't worry about it. You can clearly demonstrate that you returned the items via BT's chosen carrier. If they don't arrive then it's for BT to claim against their carrier.

Might be an idea to take a screenshot of the RM page while the tracking info is still there.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 6

Odd, my CoP has the same postcode as the label. I'm not sure they are the same place, XX10 postcodes are generally Yorkshire based business centres, and I suspect XX10 1BT is/was the BT Yorkshire Distribution Centre.

I don't why why, but BT do seem to take forever processing returns and it's a very common complaint on here. I'm still being regularly threatened with a £50 charge, despite the tracking showing delivered.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @melvintrollope and @locknut and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry there's been a delay marking your items as returned. I can sort that out for you. I'll need a few details so I'll drop you over a private message now so you can get in touch.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings