cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Paying final Broadband bill from USA

Go to solution

Got a final bill form  BT after leaving them to move back to America. Trying  to  pay the bill online results  in an infinite loading when I go to  2. Make a payment.  I have been able to settle other utilities from here so I was wondering if BT geoblocks?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Paying final Broadband bill from USA

Go to solution

@Confusedyank not that I am aware of, are you trying this on the MyBT app or the website? 

Thanks
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Tried the app first and then the  website. Same infinite loading issue. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution
Have you tried accessing BT using a VPN set to a British location?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Most companies make paying them really easy so I am surprised by this. May be just get a relative in the Uk to pay and then refund the relative - might be quicker (or call BT and pay by phone via a card if that is an option)

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I also checked to make sure that I didn’t have a VPN on as I know many providers don’t like that.  I think I’ll try calling a live operator as I am having no luck with their system. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution
Not yet as I thought companies like BT had software that detected that and might red flag me.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

To all who replied I finally got in contact with an agent. I was told yes they do block traffic from the USA especially if your UK mobile can’t receive sms security codes from a local network. I still have an International Vodafone plan that has never seemed to work here so wasn’t getting a code promp. BT had me pay via a special link after getting a code via email. I guess the lesson for those doing one time payments from the US is to definitely use advance level VPN’s such like Express VPN. 

0 Ratings