cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 12

Price increase

Go to solution

Anybody else have their price increased this bill with absolutely no prior notification from BT about the % of price increase or what their new monthly bill would be?

My bill has gone from £43 to £50 with no notice from BT so I was none the wiser until it left my account. Starting to get fed up of feeling ripped off and receiving poor service - had one issue after another 🤦🏻‍♀️

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12

Re: Price increase

Go to solution

The price increase of 14.4%  has been well publicised in the press over the last couple of months and was detailed in the T&C which you agreed and accepted when you started your contract

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 12

Go to solution
When you took out your BT contract you should have received an email confirmation stating:
A note about our prices
The monthly price shown for your landline, broadband, mobile, TV and Sport plans, add-ons and all out of bundle charges will change on or after 31 March every year by the Consumer Price Index rate of inflation published in January that year, plus 3.9%.

Also in my case I received an email on 1 March to say my price is increasing by 14.4% which is in line with the 10.5% CPI rate of inflation published in January, plus 3.9%. It included a breakdown on the price increase.

On this basis it is difficult to understand why you had no prior notice of the price increase.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 12

Go to solution

No email in my inbox from 1st March regarding this years price increase.

Also don’t have any contract documents 🤷🏻‍♀️ apparently when I moved address Nov 2021, BT started me a new contract rather than just bringing my old contract to my new address, not that I have any contract documents to show for it - all I have is a new contract end date on my bt profile.

Thanks for your replies both

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 12

Go to solution

@TaraB1997 

if you go to MYBT you will see all your package details including contract end date

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 12

Go to solution

@TaraB1997 wrote:

No email in my inbox from 1st March regarding this years price increase.

Also don’t have any contract documents 🤷🏻‍♀️ apparently when I moved address Nov 2021, BT started me a new contract rather than just bringing my old contract to my new address, not that I have any contract documents to show for it - all I have is a new contract end date on my bt profile.

Thanks for your replies both

If you have a telephone landline with your BT Broadband package that will  always start a new contract. 

See links and sub links

Moving home with BT | BT Help

As regards the email, check your spam folder, it might be there. In any event prior to the prise rise, when you logged onto your MyBT there was a banner header telling you about the price rise.

There is now a section called "Your Bill May Look Different" which explains the prise rise and as has already been explained the annual price rise has been included in your Terms and Conditions. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 12

Go to solution

Don’t have a telephone landline so shouldn’t have been a new contract. Can’t find anything on my BT page aside from the contract end date so can’t find my documents etc. Nothing in my spam and don’t usually need to log into my bt unless I need to make changes or check a surprising bill like this one

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 12

Go to solution

It's been the rate of inflation plus 3.99% for a few years now. When inflation was bouncing around the bottom end nobody took much notice but all of a sudden inflation jumped to over 10% and we've all noticed!

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 12

Go to solution

Certainly smacks you in the bum compared to previous inflation rises! Just wondered if I’d missed something and it appears I have somewhere along the way!

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 12

Go to solution
Even if it's under T&C and accepted, it doesn't mean that the mid-contract price rise is a good practice. A fixed-term contract should provide a fixed price to the customer too because it's the purpose of not giving surprise to the customer. I found someone who said you have the right to not accept the T&C but it just ignores the fact that there is no other choice in some cases.
0 Ratings