cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Problems with ordering changes (or anything!)

Go to solution

For the last five years, every time I get in touch with the sales team, it's the start of multiple calls,

I place an order, and when I get no email to confirm, they say, 'Oh.  It's not gone through'. I'll reorder,  and it's not gone through again! 'We'll try yet again'. So a repeat order, then a further chase when it doesn't go through! Finally referred then to data integrity and order appears - but speaking to the technical folk it seems all that happens is the order is placed in the back office to bypass front end sytems, and the account still fouls up the next time it is used to (try to) order something a

Same again a couple of weeks ago, but got an agent who referred it (as has happened every time in the past), to data integrity, at the first approach. The only difference was one call less as they stayed on the line to see if the order went through properly. l Again, nothing happened. (In the past, after persistence, I get a bt guy who put it through manually somewhere in the system, bypassing the agents). Again yesterday I reordered and for a change, had an e-mail setting out Ts and Cs, but again no order in progress.

In the past resolution has taken multiple calls. Each time this happens, I'm assured the problem is fixed, and it's not. So a bit fed up. I'm happy with the technical product but, for me, the front customer end is a nightmare of calls to get a product in place I want to get this sorted.

I'm wondering what to do next, and know in the past, some of my issues have been resolved here through this forum. Can anyone help, please?

I can't order what I want, know I'll get there eventually after kicking up enough fuss, and generally an hour or two on the phone but really would prefer help to sort out the fundamental issues. Over the years, it's been referred multiple times to the data integrity team, but the problem still remains.

On the positive side, I could probably rattle off the terms and contract conditions by heart, having heard them so many times!! Hope my experience is a one-off, but if anyone else has these issues, and got them resolved, I'd welcome feedback.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Problems with ordering changes (or anything!)

Go to solution

as it seemed to work for you when you last posted in 2020 have you tried either 08005874787 or 0800800030?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks. Seeing if they can resolve it. I know last time, they fixed the particular order to move to FTTP by using an internal BT back office system as they were not set up to deal with FTTP at 150. I'd assumed that by now it would all beb running ok and forgotten about the numbers you gave.  This time I am also trying to resolve the problem permanently and hadn't realised the FTTP team might be able to sort it out. They've done something now, and after allowing 24hrs I'll try it. I'll let you know if this fixes it, and thanks for the help. Much appreciated.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Another session today to get an order placed Apparently Data Integrity said it was fixed - again. It ‘s not. Workeound was for agent to replace rather than reorder and then marked defective equipment returned.

Multiple calls and worked with staff to get around upgrading to Halo 3+.  Each time equipment ordered by staff, all looks well at their end  No VOL order generated. Which has been the problem all along for some years.

Agents are helpful, sympathetic, so no complaint there and eventually we get a workaround  But the system seems broken and so far, I'm in double figures of phone calls in the last couple of weeks so wondering if anyone can help me get a direct bridge to someone who can listen to the symptoms and get the account fixed.  I'm getting better at being able to get agents to do work rounds, but unfortunately it isn't getting to the root of the issue.

To quote Einstein 

“Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results“ Help please.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @newtonmac, thanks for the update and sorry you're still experiencing these issues. 

I assume you are now on FTTP and I would've thought they would've fixed any issues with your account that may cause these errors. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team and we'll be happy to see what we can do to help.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
Moderator got basic problem sorted with contract placed over the phone. Resolution of underlying technical issue referred to a team in India who don't provide feedback if anything foundd. Anyway, fixed for the time being as far as my home systems and all equipment now arrived. Time will tell if underlying problem fixed and if not, I'll pick up the offer to come back here for help without the multiple calls. Thanks to the moderator Neil who engaged very positively to sort matters out.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you @newtonmac.

It's good to see it has been sorted. @NeilO will be back in the office on Wednesday. 

I have dropped him a line so he knows that you posted up 🙂

Thanks
DanielS

0 Ratings