cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Re: Automatic compensation account refund following fault

Go to solution

Hi, just tagging onto the end of this conversation, as it sounds a bit like mine. 

Sunday 23rd October 2022, we had gone out in the afternoon (having not used the phone or broadband before we did), we came home to find that both were 'broken' and not working at all (flashing purple light on hub), due to a large and violent thunderstorm, which had knocked out all of the people in the two nearest streets!

Long story short, having to use our mobile to 'chat' to BT engineers, resulted in nothing being done for ages! We were promised that it would be fixed by Tuesday, which of course it wasn't (The street problem was, but no individuals were). We arranged an engineer visit (or so we thought) for the Saturday, with a man on the helpline. He obviously never turned up! So we arranged another visit for the monday and, having answered a bunch of questions, this one DID turn up! My partner had arranged everything up until now, as I am not very clever with tech stuff or finances, so he does all of that. I am a wheelchair user and needed to be on the 'Priority Services Register' in case we went without service! But of course, this stands for nothing, so I really shouldn't have bothered doing that! However due to that, the chap in India on the chat window, refused to speak with my partner at all, even though he's the one who pays the BT bills! I am only the account holder. So anyway, we both worked through the chat window with this man and only managed to get the help needed with my being there. Is there no way that this can be changed? As my partner isn't an idiot and can speak for me with my permission surely?

Finally we come to the end. The hub was replaced and after 10 days without any service at all, we were back online. Now, having read about the 'Automatic compensation', we are still waiting for this to be applied. We have had one bill since the big breakdown and that was for the usual amount, with no compensation at all! Thinking about it, I'll bet that we have had nothing because, like I say, I am the account holder and my partner (with a different surname to mine), pays the bill. I suppose he's probably not allowed to do that either? But anyway, BT are quite happy to take his money, as they have been doing that for well over 20 years. Is there any way, that this compensation can be applied? Or do I have to become the bill payer as well?

Many thanks for any help and suggestions you can give, Susan.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Susan27

Welcome and thanks for posting!

I am sorry for the service problems you had recently.  I understand that the replacement Hub resolved the issue but that it took 10 days for the service to be repaired.

As the fault wasn't fixed within two days; you're entitled to £8.40 per day for the additional time to repair the fault.  You can see full info about automatic compensation here >> Automatic Compensation <<

The credit should have appeared on your next bill after the fault was fixed.  I am sorry to see that the credit wasn't on your most recent bill.

We'll be able to help sort this out.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Thanks,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Hi @Susan27, thanks for getting in touch and your compensation has been applied to your BT account now.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Yet again an automatic compensation payment that wasn't.

I'm very glad you have had this sorted, @Susan27.

0 Ratings