cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 2 of 9

Re: Contacting BT

I too find it impossible to communicate with BT .
I need the start date for my contract to be ammended from now to the date we actually move in as I resent being charged for a 'service' that I am not able use for two weeks. It does not make me want to stay with BT where they want my money but are not prepared to treat me as a valued customer.
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 1 of 9

Re: Deletion of old accounts

Just like many others, I'm also having problems accessing my newest account details on my BT account, with it always reverting to the old account. I have spoken with BT and they have closed the old account for billing purposes but it is still the default account for everything else.
Why is BT so obstructive and difficult to communicate with - ironic really for a communications company.
Message 3 of 9

@Ricky 

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get personal help from the community or moderators, so please watch this thread for updates.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Thanks Keith, BT could use a few Sages of their own!
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Hi @Ricky welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I've merged your two threads to keep everything in one place. I'm sorry you're having problems amending your connection date and the issues with your MyBT. The direct contact number for the connections team is 0800 783 1401 they'll be able to help you resolve this. If you can wait a couple of days the moderation team will also be able to assist, I'll send you a private message so you can get in touch with your details.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Thanks Neil, I should have said, to add to my frustrations I am almost deaf and I struggle with hearing and understanding phone calls so if we can do this by email that would be much appreciated please. Thanks.
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hey Ricky, I moved house nearly 3 years ago, BT couldn't give me a phone
line. for 2 to 3 weeks, the did give me a "Mini Hub", that connected me to
the internet though, they must be doing the same with you surely!

Mike.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

@MikeM3 

the problem is @Ricky wants to delay the installation for 2 weeks as he is delaying moving to new home so nothing to do with BT delay and supplying a 'mini hub'

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 9 of 9

Many thanks for your, and Neil's, input. BT are sorting the issues which without your help I would still be struggling with.
Perhaps BT might consider setting up suitable communication avenues for those with hearing - and other - disabilities.
Call it their contribution to equal opportunities and fair to all treatment?
0 Ratings