cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Re: Fetching the Authorization Token... Please wait for a moment...

I’m still having this error message. I have tried different browsers, the App, allowing pop up but still cannot access ‘usage’ anyway. It is my mums account and she has dementia so I need to check frequently to ensure her safety.  Please help!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Hi @Tree and welcome to our community.

Thanks for posting. I'm sorry you're having a few problems. I'll be happy to take a look at this for you. I'll need a few details so check your inbox for my message and drop me over a reply.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Hello,

I am having the same problem with the “Fetching the Authorization Token”  message when checking usage on website. Eventually I downloaded the BT app on my phone and found that I could see usage on there but since yesterday, after updating the app, am only able to see the previous bill.

Tried suggested fixes and nothing works. Am also caring for someone with dementia who lives alone and seeing phone usage is an invaluable tool e.g to indicate when someone is distressed and anxious, which shows in phone use.

I would be really grateful for any help. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting @Finni 

I'll be happy to lend you a hand also. Check your inbox for my message and drop me over the details.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Thank you very much for responding so quickly and will send details 🙂

Message 6 of 9

Fetching the Authorization Token... Please wait for a moment...

I am trying to access my mobile Data Usage through My BT and I keep getting the message ' Fetching the Authorization Token... Please wait for a moment...'

It appears numerous other users are having similar problems - I have tried some of the various suggestions;

1) using different devices - doesn't work on either Apple iPhone and a Windows PC

2) Pop-ups allowed

Still no luck.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Hi @David631 and welcome.

Sorry you're also seeing the Authorization Token message. Our tech guys should be able to sort this out so please get in touch at Technical support | BT Help. Let me know how you get on.

Cheers

David

Message 8 of 9

@DavidM 

In truth they need to fix the mess they made with the release of the 8.50.0 version of the BT APP.

V8.50.2 hasn't made much of an improvement.

I spent 30+years developing software and we thoroughly tested before we released software. Clearly no proper testing was conducted on 8.50.0

Message 9 of 9

What a pain this is.

What alerted me was an email from BT saying my mobile data usage was high.

Strange as I am a light user.

I had this token message some months ago and ended up having to reinstall the mobile BT app. it had worked for years without a problem.

I found mobile data and roaming turned on in phone settings something I have never done and I'm the sole phone user.

Hence I wanted to look at usage. Completely ruined by this token rubbish. Checking usage with a restricted data usage plan is vital, so what do BT do? Make it as difficult as possible to check.

What with the landline going/gone and some hefty monthly charges, this BT customer of 50-years is not best pleased.

As others have said, looks like some "update" rushed out without end to end testing.