cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Re: Help, 83 Yr old father cut off with no notice

Hello. The same has just happened w my 89 yo stepfather. It’s also cut his ring doorbell put in when he was victim of a violent attempted burglary a few weeks ago. He did receive the letter, did respond to say no he didn’t want to be disconnected, but that was ignored and it went ahead.
He’s been told 1-2 weeks for reconnection which is crazy in the circumstances. I’m really worried about him and his safety and security. Please can you help?
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

I have moved your post to this new thread, so you can get advice from forum members.

This is just a customer to customer help forum, everyone here, including myself, are just customers and will not be able to deal with any issues relating to your account.

The only BT Employees are the forum moderators, who may offer to help, when everything else has been tried.

Try calling 0330 1234 150

You can message BT using the "message us" links on the help pages. That is usually effective.

https://www.bt.com/help/contact-bt

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

is your stepfather registered here   https://www.bt.com/help/here-for-you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Thank you. Any moderators that can help?

It seems he did receive the letter saying it was going to happen did respond saying no. Apparently all the BT has a record of this. The message didn’t get through to the right place and he was cut off anyway! Astonishing that a vulnerable elderly man can be put in this position. 

to be honest, I’m also worried that this could be a scam of some kind. Whatever he has no phone no Internet despite doing everything he was supposed to do to avoid that.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Hi @asdfg1, sorry your stepfather has been disconnected in error. We might not be able to get the connection date brought forward but we'll be happy to look at this further and see if we can help. I've sent you a Private Message so you can get in touch with the Mod team.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings